Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Ka Leaking

Options
  • 28-09-2008 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

My 1997 Ford Ka has suddenly started leaking into the passenger footwell. I've checked the windscreen and the run-off filters and they are both fine but now I have no idea of the cause.

Has this happened to anybody before? Does anybody know what causes this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

My 1997 Ford Ka has suddenly started leaking into the passenger footwell. I've checked the windscreen and the run-off filters and they are both fine but now I have no idea of the cause.

Has this happened to anybody before? Does anybody know what causes this?

Could it be your radiator matrix or hoses??? Is it coolant or just ordinary water that is leaking in, like rain water???

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Rain water. Considering I live in Ireland, where it's nearly always raining, I'm desperate to stop the leak!

Rain water. Considering I live in Ireland, where it's nearly always raining, I'm desperate to stop the leak!

Door seal or hole in floor?

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Door seal or hole in floor?

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

Around the door you have a rubber seal, could the water be leaking in from there???

• Advertisement

It's coming in the back of the footwell, dripping down from somewhere under the dash, not the door.

It's coming in the back of the footwell, dripping down from somewhere under the dash, not the door.

Are you 100% sure this is not coolant??? Check your coolant level!

coolant level is full, unfortunately. This thing is baffling me!

Advertisement