Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 3 new maps and update

• 28-09-2008 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

I bought the legendary maps seeing as they go well with the Halo 3 update. Is it just me or is Blackout an awful map with poor graphics. It's basically an rip off of Guardian?

Apart from that love the new achievements and modes. They add some fresh air to the game. Maybe Infinity Ward should take a look and do something similar for COD4?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Blackout is a remake of lockout which came out waaaay before guardian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

silvine wrote: »
    Maybe Infinity Ward should take a look and do something similar for COD4?

What you mean copy and paste levels from the campaign? :rolleyes:

Naaa, bungie try to be origional, and also try to please the players, thats why blackout was made, Its not as good as lockout ill agree,some rooms added and jumps too easy, bollox. And the two extra rooms near shotgun? Bulls**t!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Korvanica wrote:
    What you mean copy and paste levels from the campaign?

Naaa, bungie try to be origional, and also try to please the players,
    Yeah, CoD4s' players are most displeased, that's why no one plays it...
    And how exactly is remaking a map original?
    This isn't an attack on Halo 3, love the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Bungie are legends,they get so much slack from the online comunity and then they do something great and everyone loves em ! rinse and repeat forever.

Realy love the new maps but id say iv played blackout twice. DLC Big Team is what iv been waiting for all my life ! Avalanche heavy capture the flag is the business.

Hows everyone getting on with the achievments ? I got 2 double kills and kill someone with the flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

I bought the legendary maps seeing as they go well with the Halo 3 update. Is it just me or is Blackout an awful map with poor graphics. It's basically an rip off of Guardian?

Did you even play Halo 2?LockOut was THE map of that game!Jees!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

No I never played Lockout. I just think the graphics of Blackout are poor. I like the constantly changing game types eg Laser Tag or Team Swat. COD4 has a better online ranking system though. The improvements to Halo's are welcome but it still takes forever to get promoted once you get beyond the first couple of ranks. And it's a little harsh taking EXP off you for quiting a match. I've had to leave several matches because of lag, hardly my fault.

Did anyone else find it hard to get a game going over the weekend? It took me 15 minutes to get into a Team Swat match, only for it to drop because of lag.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Blackout was cool for a few games and then I hated it. When the maps first came out everyone vetoed all maps except this. Pain in the ass.

Avalanche is my fav now - was great over the weekend in Legendary Brawl!

---

btw - Anyone get locked out of LIVE last nite? I believe they were doing some system maintenance.

Started the campaign on Legendary to get a fix instead!

Yeah the vehicles Laser and Rocket Launcher are all great fun on Avalanche.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I really loved the original lockout, and blackout took out all the niggly bits of that map as far as im concerned, why do bungie get so much stick off their fans???

You guys are never happy!!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

. COD4 has a better online ranking system though.

Why do you think this? Because you are not rewarded for skill but merely by how many games you play? anyone can get highest rank in cod. And also bungie messed up big time with blackout. Lockout was a really competitive map and should of simple ported it over with improved graphics. But instead they try to change things and make a mess of it . Especially library window, the barriers top mid also ruin the lines of sight on the map. top br is way too big. And also taking a way all the window ledge jump ups and making a ton of other jumps way too easy.Not to mention the spawns are horrible. Bungie fail at map making in h3, but hopefully they will learn in the mythic map pack.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Fieldog wrote: »
    You guys are never happy!!!

:pac:
    I'm delighted!

I have never finished the GOW or R6 campaigns because the Halo disk lives in my 360. I just don't like Blackout. :P
    Bungie ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Probably the most activity I've seen on the Halo forum for a while.

Enough talk.

Few games tonight anyone?

Ah Yea, sure why not. time? Ill prob be on from bout 8 or so, (Gotta make myself do college work this evenin!)

Add me: korvanica

Sound. I see you round here quite a bit. Il add you when I get home. Should be on at that time too but could be later.

Lets all get in a custom and do this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgFHIGks40w

Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

That was very cool indeedy

i havnt played halo 3 in weeks :(

That means you suck!!

Me , i havent ever done it. If i had id have more medals then i do thats for sure.

We should organise a weekend night to get some custom map games going and then vote for the best variant.

Thta has been talked about on here for weeks!!And nothing has ever happened!! There ain't much use talking about it here cos noone uses the forums often enough to read when there is gonna be a night when everyone here is on at the same time for a few games.

• Advertisement

i agree. ive tried to organise a few things, but they didnt happen (same in gta forum).!
    Me and megasin played some customs last night, pretty good. Hes got some skill! Good man!

if ye see me online im usually in a\party of 3 or 4, so if youve a party goin join and we'll custom it up!

I addes some of you guys. When I am playing I'll send an invite.

Its a Date,i think some of it can be down to akwardness.

If i see guys in a party and im playing with a mate i allways think naaaaagh those guys probly wna just have a few games on there own.

Time to take the plunge !

Right, I should hopefully be on all night this evening if I don't go 4 1 r 2.

Ive got Silvine & Korvanica added now, whats ur tags RAIN, Gamblitis & =al=?

Mine's ArmourElite for the benefit of the lurkers.

My tag is gamblitis. Would love to get in for a few games but my xbox red Ringed a couple of days ago.So if i get to play at all it'll only be during the day! :( And not for very long either! :(

Same thing happened me with Korvanica, he was in searching for rankted team slapyer with a party of 3 but I didnt join....didnt want to intrude lol.

Tried join Silvine too but damn NAT aint combatible, bollocks.

Im gonna put boards.ie in my bio on LIVE

You should too!

Advertisement