Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anybody have one special subject that above all else what an A1 in?

Options
  • 28-09-2008 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Mine is English!!!!

Cos even my mother (who probably did pass everything else) got an A in higher level way back in 1984!!!

I don't care about anything else just a "Oh yeah few B's , C's oh and an A1 in ENGLISH"!!!

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Music, only thing I can really do well. *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Honours maths fo'sho. And English would be pretty sweet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

decdec456 wrote: »
    Mine is English!!!!

Cos even my mother (who probably did pass everything else) got an A in higher level way back in 1984!!!

Biology for one anyway, Chemistry too I think.

I want an A1 in OL maths but as long as i get at least a C3 it doesnt really matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

History man if i dont get a A1 in it ill get so much stick from everyone i know i had to correct one of my old teachers because she made mistakes in class:o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

not an A1, but I have to honour higher level maths, just to stick it to my junior cert teacher, because she always told me I wouldn't be able to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

A1 in English and Music definitely.
    Hopefully A2 in Home ec, if not a high B.
    A1 in OL maths, but i'd fricken love an A1 in OL Irish, to shove in my mates face who is doing Higher. I'd just love to get more point in Irish than her cuz she keeps sayin I'm a cop out for dropping. Pfft.

Everything else B's & C's :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Chemistry, Accounting and Geography I'm hoping for A1s in. Geography I should get, Chemistry depends on the marking scheme (the man who does it up has been a right arse in the last few years) and Accounting all depends how well I answer my questions and ensure I don't make a silly mistake. All are HL btw.

I'm hoping to get an Honour in everything tbh, those 3 A's along with a B in HL Maths, HL English and OL German, and a C3 in HL Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

maybe not A1 but i want to do really well in economics and maths cos they're my favourite subjects, no less than a B anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

i was hoping for an A1 in business, ad i got an A2.... i reckon if i rechecked i would go up..... but seeing as i made my number one choice, why risk the money, im skint enough as it is:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Niamh-17

I really really really would LOVE to get an A1 in Music!

That would be class :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I must get an A1 in Maths.

If I don't get As in economics, business and English I'll be gutted.

History and french Bs I'd say. History is just too broad of an exam and the time will definitely effect me (slow writer). French tape I find hard too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I really, really wanted an A in Irish. I got a B in it for the JC and ever since then my principal seemed to think I was some kind of Irish retard. Combined with my love for the language, I just wanted it over anything else. My Irish teacher actually told me that I could only hope for an A2 because the Gaeilgeoirs scoop up the A1s. Phh.
    Got my A1, anyway. When I saw my results, I saw Irish first, and after that I didn't care if I'd failed everything else.*

*Though if I hadn't gotten A1s in Maths and Physics I would have shot someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 russelljames

I really wanna get an A1/A2 in economics purely because its my favourite subject. Would be happy with an A1 in OL maths too, simply because im one of two people who did OL for the Junior, and the rest did honours, and I'd feel it was a big of an achievement for myself
    A B in OL irish would make me happy, though I won't be banking on it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    High expectations of me, yes. In general, no. I was a token high-achiever, who must bring the average points up as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Applied Maths, Biology... Yeah I just really like science...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Definitely looking for an A1 in Higher Maths. I'd be annoyed if I didn't get it.

I'm hoping for A1s in Applied Maths, Physics, Chemistry and History but that might be expecting too much.

Hoping for at least a D3 in Irish and a C-something in French or English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Chemistry, Irish and English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

I would love to get an A1 in Spanish, French and hopefully Irish.
    I love languages
    plus maybe an A1 in business :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 daffy-duck

hopin for an A1 in geography nd accounting.
    wud luv to get an A in english but dats highly unlikey seen as my teacher decided to get us to read d bible for a month last year. why i dont no??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Chemistry, Biology, Geography and Economics are my best subjects in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

An A1 in English would be brilliant. Why? Because it is better than the A2 my sister got and I must beat her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

id love one in irish
    doubt itll happen though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭crunchycorner

Really want A1s in Biology, physchem, accountancy....i've been gettin A1s in them so far and in english and french cos i got As in my junior cert. have to get an A1 in OL maths cos thats the only reason i was allowed drop back! B1 in home-ec would be great (but i hav to teach myself and im really lazy about studying) and if i can at least pass irish i'll be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I was a token high-achiever, who must bring the average points up as much as possible.

My principal loves to dress up the previous years LC results with the uber achievers jazzing up the average. With 2/3 600's the failures who got <300* can be ignored. That said, listening to his speech this year was a pleasure, as no one got 600 last year.

*I am by no means undermining the achievement that is 300 for some, but more or less illustrating the fact that this demographic is more or less ignored (which for the purpose of exagerating the schools preformance is understandable) in his speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Irish, French & Music. Would love A1s in them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I remember mine were Geography and Physics. I did get the A1 in Geog but only an A2 in Physics :( (I know A2 was still a good result, but I was disappointed with it.)

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Would like to get A1s in Biology, Geography & Business, all higher.
    I hope I get a B1 in honours maths but I doubt i'll get it.

• Advertisement

Have to get an A1 in Chemistry, it's such a ridiculously easy subject!

Advertisement