Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anybody have one special subject that above all else what an A1 in?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

^My Chem class is full of smart people and most of us are getting grinds cos we don't understand half of it :rolleyes:

I'd love an A1 in Music, because I didn't do it for JC and all of those who did thought I wouldn't be able do it for LC... I'm alternating between best/second best in the class now :D

Also English, because my brother got an A1 in HL and was unacceptably smug about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Have to get an A1 in Chemistry, it's such a ridiculously easy subject!
    I think 90% of the Chemistry class in my school failed their Christmas test in 5th year. Meant to be a very tough subject and my friend who's aiming for 550pts is getting grinds in it. Explain yourself Jammy Dodger!

K4t wrote: »
    I think 90% of the Chemistry class in my school failed their Christmas test in 5th year. Meant to be a very tough subject and my friend who's aiming for 550pts is getting grinds in it. Explain yourself Jammy Dodger!

Well I guess the fact that I'm repeating may help, as it's my third year of chemistry now! But I personally just find it ridiculously easy! I think its easy because it's just rote learning with a bit of vague understanding thrown in here and there. I myself find it easy because I've had an interest in physics/chemistry from a young age so I was familiar with a fair amount of the course before hand.

It has the reputation of being a very hard subject, I just don't see why! They're are harder subjects out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭smndly

Well I guess the fact that I'm repeating may help, as it's my third year of chemistry now! But I personally just find it ridiculously easy! I think its easy because it's just rote learning with a bit of vague understanding thrown in here and there. I myself find it easy because I've had an interest in physics/chemistry from a young age so I was familiar with a fair amount of the course before hand.

It has the reputation of being a very hard subject, I just don't see why! They're are harder subjects out there!

Yeah i'm in the same position. I'm a repeating as well and the sciences are definitely my strong point. I was half a percent away from an A1 last year so fingers crossed for my rechecks tomorrow at 12.00!!!

Biology and Physics are my A1 subjects :D

smndly wrote: »
    Yeah i'm in the same position. I'm a repeating as well and the sciences are definitely my strong point. I was half a percent away from an A1 last year so fingers crossed for my rechecks tomorrow at 12.00!!!

Biology and Physics are my A1 subjects :D

Yah same here, the science subjects seem so much easier second time around! Goodluck with your rechecks anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Well im aiming for A1's in Physics and applied maths, and OL irish of course. I think i can hopefully get an A2 in maths HL but the A1 is pushing it as i nearly always mess up something stupid along the way!

At the start of 5th yr i was hoping for an A1 in accounting, but after the year, i'll take a B1 as i think this years paper will be a bitch.

German and english B's though.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭damienricefan

My goodness chemistry is soo easy! Look at the course size! Look at the choice! Look at how if you learn your experiments perfectly then you have a third of your paper done!!!

AHHH If I get lower than B1 then i'll take it back but i'm going for the A1!

Biology however is so vast and intricate and is impossible to dilute!!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

A1 - History
    A1 - Biology
    A1 - Maths.(O)

Is what I'm going for. Pure rote learning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

Economics. I won't get it in anything else... or in economics but it's my best shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

I would love an A1 in History and French, unlikely but it'd be lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Fresh Breeze

Hang in there -ME-, if you work hard enough, you deserve the A.

Something I learned last year, in History, more paragraphs = more marks. I was only doing 7 paragraphs per essay meaning these 7 paragraphs had to be PERFECT paragraphs (needed 10marks +)On the day, I decided to make many more paragraphs. I ended up with almost 12 paragraphs per essay last year getting 5-6marks in each. 12 x 5 = 60 marks, and I got like 35+ each = (95+/100)A1 essays.

However, Topic 3 was a nuisance so I had no idea what to write. I ended up with a B2. :(

So I need an A1 in History.

French, I'd LOVE an A1. However I suck at the tape. I lost my CD from last year, have to get it from my friends. Only advice I have is try and get a lot of general phrases with nice grammar and idioms so you'll be covered on a lot of topics. For example, something like

"_____ is a big problem today and it is getting worse by the day"
    "In Ireland, the youth is affected by _____ and it affects society greatly"

So it can cover so many things; technology, obesity, drugs, alcohol, pollution.

Anyways, I want an A1 in History, Biology, Business (or at least B1)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 molly_dolly

Next August, I will definately cry if I don't get A1's in the sciences..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭hopeful_girl

i would LOVE an A1 in ART

a1 applied maths, maths, physics and accounting
    bs in english and construction

loads of pressure on me for maths and applied maths as everyone thinks i have some unnaturally good talent for them including my teacher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

Biology for me. I got 94% in the mocks so would like the A1 again. I doubt I'll get it though.....a B3 would do me.
    Geography too, but again B3 is what I need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭galway.gaa

DCG - A1
    Accounting - A1 (unless they throw up somethin crazy like a cash flow or suspense)
    Chemistry - A2
    Maths - B1
    Geography - B2
    English - B3

I know its just subjects i want an a1 but i just thought id put them all down since i havnt done this yet and see how many points i might get -520. i take it. itll get me my course:D good times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I really, really want an A1 in Biology.

Also, I reckon my Geography teacher would actually kill me if I don't get some kind of A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Economics - I just have to get an A1 in it. Love the subject, you've got to look past LC economics to really appreciate it though, it can turn you off the subject :D

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

God, an A1 in Honours Maths would be soooooooo good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Maths! I really want an A1 in Maths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

Hoping for an A1 in Accounting, Economics, Maths (hl), physics and probably an A2 in applied maths or something around that grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Economics,seeming fairly possible, with 6 days to cram, and English. Got an A1 in English in the mocks so pressures on to keep that up...sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Totally agree. I think physics is more difficult and I find it quite easy.

I really want As in Chemistry,Economics and English,Bs in French,Physics and Irish and a C in maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I want an A1 in religion more than anything, cause I only took it up in February and everyone in the class say how hard it is.

RE - A1
    Classics - A1
    English - A1
    History - A1
    Physics - B2
    DCG - B3

Tot = 555....

I can only drop one of those A1s if I want my course :(

Unless I get special dispensation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Richyj_0

Engineering...Because I think its the one subject that I can actually achieve an A1 in..just means lots of cramming on Wednesday night. Fun times!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I would love an A1 in Higher maths.
    I got it on the Paper 1 last year. Bit'a Paper 2 dragged me way down though.
    Pretty damn sure I won't get it this year though.

Also, going for an A1 in Irish & English.

And Biology & Geography. I'm fairlyyyyyy confident there, seeing as I got A1s in them last year.

I'm probably going to get a terrible French result though, And a B1/ A2 in Chemistry will do me.

That's the plan.. sort of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

id love one in german and irish

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

A1 in Music!! :D
    and hopefully a (preferably high) B in Biology and Art :P
    the rest if I get C's I'd be delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Fad wrote: »
    Biology for one anyway, Chemistry too I think.

I want an A1 in OL maths but as long as i get at least a C3 it doesnt really matter.

Yup me too. I'd like a high grade but anything above a C3 will suit me fine.

I'd like an A in Bus but it will depend on the ppr tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

I'd love A1s in maths and applied maths, I got them in the pres but I just kind of had one of those 'Divine intervention' moments when everything clicked.... we'll just have to wait and see.

Also a B1 in english would be beautiful!:D

Advertisement