Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Pioneer CDJ 400 good enough for mobile gigs?

• 28-09-2008 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all,
    I have been doing walk in gigs in pubs for a while now and I'm thinking of going mobile, weddings/21st parties that kind of thing. I want to buy pioneer decks. The CDJ 400's are half the price of the CDJ 1000's. Does anyone use the 400's for mobile gigs? Are they up to the job?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭TheBigRedDog

CDJ 1000's are ... the s*** but just depends on wat u do wit d 400's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 atlasstone

hi, thanks for your answer. Why are you paying double for the 1000's?....
    So you reckon for 21st parties weddings etc the 400's will do the job. I'm just looking for solid dependable gear and won't be doing anything too fancy, beat matching is about is about all I will really need to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

atlasstone wrote: »
    hi, thanks for your answer. Why are you paying double for the 1000's?....
    So you reckon for 21st parties weddings etc the 400's will do the job. I'm just looking for solid dependable gear and won't be doing anything too fancy, beat matching is about is about all I will really need to do.

the 400s will be more than enough for what you need them for.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭djdeclan

Bought a pair of these 2 weeks ago, used them on saturday night for an extended gig (9 til about 3) with no problems, except for their inability to cope with some mp3s, i think its because the mp3s are in vbr format so I'll eventually get round to changing them to cbr and all will be well with the world..
    I got them for the usb functionality, which is the bomb! only used cds for 3 tracks on saturday night.. 3 tracks over a six hour period!
    It takes a while to get the memory sticks fully functional between formatting them and putting a decent file structure in place but once you are done its class, gives you much more time to mix etc.
    I came from a pair of CDJ800s and tbh i do miss some of the features like the bigger jog wheel and the brake function but the usb feature on the 400s more than makes up for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Zavi Discoma

i asked the great Charles Webster what he thought of the CDJ 400's a while back and he gave them the thumbs up! gonna be picking up a set of them fairly soon. If you search CDJ 400 tutorials on youttube it will give you a good idea of their capability

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

More than good enough for mobile stuff.
    I have one and I love it .02 pitch increments makes for sweet mixes! Just have to save up and buy one to match now after christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭just pete

400s are perfect. I had cdjs 800s and a 600 mixer and they were so awkward to be hauling around and took up so much space in venues like pubs.
    I would deff go for the 400s :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

They are a bit too fine for "mobile djs gigs"! :p

Would a set of numark/stanton something cheaper in a coffin not do?

Your not gonna be mixing anyway are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

http://www.djempire.co.uk/product/pioneer-cdj-400-djm-400-flight-case

Check out the coffin fro them. Very nice. Don't know why that is the price they have for this on this website as it doesn't cost anywhere near that. Being honest, I didn't read what it included so I am presuming that this would include a mixer and the CDJ400s.

Anyway, my mate has a pair of the CDJ400s and the DJM400. They are quiet easy to use. Maybe a little to easy and the USB function is really good too. He's brought his stuff around to a couple of different places and carrying the equipment around is really easy and hassle free.

Advertisement