Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ramos

Options
  • 28-09-2008 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭RAUL DUKE

I've completely lost faith in the guy.His decision making in todays game has been astonishing!Jenas is having one of his worst games in a spurs shirt,which is really saying something!!Zakora was one of the few players actually doing something and he gets hauled off,while jj continues to run around like headless chicken??

Then we go 2 down and what does he do...Take one of our strikers off??!!

The spurs fans chants during that substitution said it all

"you don't know what your doing":mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He'll be gone, he can't motivate, strange tactics...

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

They should get rid of him now before any more damage is done the players dont seem motivated and dont want to play for him.Oh to have big Martin back those were happier days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭hotspur147

lose against wisla on thursday and hull on sunday and he will walk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Who would replace him?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

So strange to take off Zokora, he was the only one who was showing any bit of passion going forward

• Advertisement

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Who would replace him?
    poyet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Zokora should never have been taken off,Jenas had to go.Bentley has also been very dissappointing his confidence has gone in only 6 games its shocking.

And yet after beating Newcastle last Wednesday two fans came on Talksport and predicted we would finish in the top six!!! One of them said he had money on it!!! Some fans are just plain idiots. They just couldn't see that anybody could beat Newcastle right now. Ramos.Must.Go :mad:

And yet after beating Newcastle last Wednesday two fans came on Talksport and predicted we would finish in the top six!!! One of them said he had money on it!!! Some fans are just plain idiots. They just couldn't see that anybody could beat Newcastle right now. Ramos.Must.Go :mad:
    i wouldn't be calling for his head just yet.we have hull,stoke and bolton up next with wisla in the uefa also.all winable games so i'd give it a month and if there is no improvement by then the writing will be on the wall for ramos

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I don't think there's any point in getting rid of him at this moment. We made the same call with Jol, and it didn't work, and it's not going to work with Ramos.

Something is very wrong at the club, and nobody seems to be able to fix it. We don't have a single player on the pitch (I only saw the last 15 minutes of todays game) who can open a game up. Lennon, for all his effort, can only run at players as he doesn't have the passing or crossing game. Dos Santos isn't clued in yet, and will probably take until January, if not more. The same can be said for Modric. And don't get me started on Bentley. I was genuinely excited by him joining the club but I've seen nothing to justify the money spent. Not one thing.

If the opposing club gets numbers behind the ball, we just cannot break them down. We can cross the ball in and hope someone gets on the end of it, but we have flow, no advanced movement, nobody who can make enough space in the box, and nobody who could pick someone out even if they made the space!!! I don't see what's going to change it either and I'm still genuinely worried that we're facing a relegation battle. We have three games that, on paper, should be three pointers, but if we don't win them, and win them with decent performances, Ramos is in trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Did you all catch Dawson yawning at around the 80 min mark on tv?

Said it all really.

Where are the more knowledgeable fans when we need them most? therecklessone I'm looking at you!! What's gone wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Where are the more knowledgeable fans when we need them most? therecklessone I'm looking at you!! What's gone wrong?

I'm in Eugene Oregon using a very dodgy wifi connection, so having problems staying online. And my EeePC is going tits up...:(

I'll have my say at my next port of call, should e there in about 5 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

We played a team today that have shipped 10 goals in their last two matches and we don't work their goalkeeper until the 87th minute.

No leadership or creativity on the pitch and baffling substitutions.

O'Hara lost the ball and just stopped playing and let the player go and have a crack at our goal and this was just after 17 minutes.

Our players were second best to nearly every ball and were way off the pace of the game.

If we were playing well in the Tottenham tradition and loosing the odd game, you could take it.
    But we are playing crap at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

IanCurtis wrote: »
    Did you all catch Dawson yawning at around the 80 min mark on tv?

Said it all really.

I noted to my dad that it reminded me of Minister Billy Kelligher on Questions and Answers last monday. He was slumped in his chair, looked completely shabby, and showed an indifference to the task at hand.

Sacking Ramos may be the only way. He has spent huge money on Woodgate, Hutton, Pavulchenko, Chorluka, and Bentley, and has got a two point return. West Ham only signed 3 loanees and Behrami, and are doing far better.

The performances have been woeful, and moral is at an all time low. The cCarling Cup victory seems so far away

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Crap Again.
    Once again, very strange team selection. Gilberto does'nt kick a ball all season, and all of a sudden he comes from knowhere and starts outside left, ahead of Gio. Are we trying to win the game or what. I also would'nt have started Pav. Bent would have been much more suitable to play against Campbell and and Distin, more physical and more pace. Pav needs to be introduced slowly.
    Cant believe some of you are saying Zokora was good, he did nothing of note in the game at all.

Woodgate for me again was the only performance of note.

Im very worried. 2 from 18, relegation material.

As Iv said before, massive changes needed.

Het-Field wrote: »
    Sacking Ramos may be the only way. He has spent huge money on Woodgate, Hutton, Pavulchenko, Chorluka, and Bentley

In our fourth season of having the continental system in place (Head Coach reporting to a Director of Football) and yet Spurs fans still don't get the fact that the man who coaches our team does not have final say on transfers! This baffles me...

I'll start by saying I did not manage to see today's game, nor did I hear any significant portion of radio commentary as Tony fcuking Blackburn was on BBC Radio London until 2pm then I lost my connection about 10mins later.

Based on what I'd read, and based on the team selection, here's what I think:

4-5-1 was not a bad formation to start the game, as Defoe and Crouch are a threat, and with King missing from CB we needed an extra body in the center of midfield. Zokora and O'Hara are as good as it gets for us right now in terms of a defensive screen, but the decision to play Gilberto on the left of midfield puzzled me. OK, I'll be kind to JR and assume he was concerned that dos Santos or Lennon would not provide cover to BAE and as such he opted for the more defensively minded Gilberto, but this is a player who has played 0 mins for us this season, was this really the game to play him in?

I'll presume Bale was injured, and King is never gonna play every game, but I'd have been happier with Glberto at LB and Gio playing left midfield (Corluka at CB and Gunter at RB as well)

The substitutions were puzzling to say the least, I was told Zokora was having a good game and to sacrifice him while Jenas was having another one of his off days seemed madness. Worse though, bringing Bent on for Pav meant we persisted with 1 up top while 2-0 down away from home, which is just crazy. Once we fell behind it was essential to change our shape, ut swapping one striker for another hardly achieves that, does it?

Of course JR has an unbalanced squad, and that's not helped by the arrival of 3 new players on the final day of the transfer window, but the rest of that squad was in place early on, and is more than capable of getting results vs the likes of Boro and Wigan. With the players JR had at his disposal before the last day of the window, we should have got 3pts vs Boro, Sunderland and Wigan, and managed 1pt vs Villa at home. That we are not performing well is understandable, that we are so bereft of ideas and clueless when it comes to 3pm is not.

Ramos has to bear responsibility for much of this, constant chopping and changing of players is not helping, playing players out of position is ok when you're chasing a game but this seems to be one of his key tactical moves. He has not managed to lift and motivate a clearly under-performing side, and this worries me. There's more to coaching than tactics and training regimes, and Ramos needs to get his team back on track very quickly, or we are in serious danger of relegation.

I have a horrible feeling that Ramos has decided he is neither up to the task, nor interested in it, and would like to walk away, but if he does so he'll miss out on a huge payday, so is he perhaps trying to engineer the sack for himself?

I only ask because he seems oblivious to such common sense tactics as playing a left footed played on the left, and right-footed on the right. He has coached a very successful Sevilla side in the past, but then again he was working under a superb DOF who kept up a steady supply of talented youngsters to the first team to replace players sold for profit (and for a pittance, unlike the costly acquisitions of Boateng and Kaboul for example) and was working with a balanced squad high on confidence. His track record before Sevilla includes numerous jobs lasting one or two years, which suggests he may not be the type to stick around and slog it out.

Our next two league game are crucial, anything less than four points is unacceptable. Forget Thursday night, in fact pray for a defeat, for then maybe JR will have to concentrate on the bread and butter task of keeping us in the PL.

I should also add that I find it odd that JR would "rest" Bent and Campell last Wednesday and yesterday with only a brief cameo for each player. If Thursday's game means anything to him, then why leave the only two strikers who are available for the UEFA Cup on the bench?

Like I said, odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Het-Field wrote: »
    Sacking Ramos may be the only way. He has spent huge money on Woodgate, Hutton, Pavulchenko, Chorluka, and Bentley, and has got a two point return. West Ham only signed 3 loanees and Behrami, and are doing far better.

Ramos never spent the money, the board did, Camolli picked them, and they paid the over inflated prices - Got players like Pav and Bentley late in, and genreally screwed our season IMO

To be fair, THAT is half our problem - It is unprecedented to sign so many players in such a short period of time - Besides JJ nearly everyone around him has changed! That can not be easy, I can see why people are saying the team looks disjointed, they are!

The only thing that is going to fix this is time unfortunately, I am not sure sacking Ramos will help that much - Obviously he's team selections have been questionable to say the least, yesterday especially. But I think both him and Gus are trying to find out who works best together, they just don't know, the team has not been together long enough to tell.

Having said that, the King situattion has to change, we have to have a relaible back 4 - and we also need a hard hitting DMF - the rest IMO we can work with.

I personally would have put out a very offencive team against a Pompey that have let in 10 goals in 2 games, so for me, that was a mistake.

As was pointed out, we have games against Hull and Stoke coming up, they are must wins, or I can see the board losing the rag with him - They will tuff it out as long as possible, remember what they went to to get him, and they are not the kind of lads who admit they are wrong to often!

Advertisement