Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Bus Galway Station - Newcastle to Moycullen 1.30am & 2.30am

Options
  • 28-09-2008 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi, last night i discovered that their is a Bus Eireann city bus @ 1.30am and 2.30am! for Friday and Saturday nights! it leaves from the Train station! (about €5)

Was walking by and saw a bus C148 or 147 to Moycullen, no one in it! (except for the driver ;) .) it's crazy have they not advertised this service, like it doesn't stop in the square, it really should stop beside the taxis as if you travel to further then that hospital or Newcastle it works out cheaper!

Anyways posting this up to see if anyone else knows about it or maybe it will help ;)

(they call this the Pajama bus in other countries !!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Thanks! That's interesting to know. I've mates in Moycullen who couch surf at the wknd because they can't get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭bloo

I used to live out that way and finding information on the bus times in and out of town was really hard. When i did manage to find out when it left Moycullen and Eyre Square i was surprised that only a couple of people were using it. Its such a shame they dont advertise it better cos if people dont use it, its not going to be viable for them to keep running it. Great idea, but as usual so badly planned and advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Always reckoned a route from Inverin to Oughterard following coast/lake and avoiding Eyre Square would be be premium. Perfect for a private operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Thanks for that, I have a group called Galways best kept secrets on Kotalk and that's the kind of info I need. Damn it can be so hard to find out stuff in Galway. I'm gonna post that now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Hi Guys,

Was wondering if anybody knew if there was a nightly bus service to Moycullen? I remember seeing an advertisment in one of the buses a few weeks back but cant find anything on the Bus Eireann site. Think it was called Nightrider and im pretty sure theres a service to Oranmore.

We're thinking of moving in the next month or so and Moycullen was an option and a night bus service would eb handy for the weekends if wanted to head into town.

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

There is such a bus, but haven't seen it in a few months Leaves the station (not the sq)
    Was a thread on it once http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055387368

Mods.. maybe merge the threads

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Don't know if this is still current, but:

http://www.galwaynews.ie/2458-bus-eireann-timetable-galway-nightrider-announced

it said (in 2008) that:
    [it will] ... depart Eyre Square East at 1.30am serving Moycullen

The 2.30am bus from Eyre Square will transport nightowls to Spiddal, while the 3.30am bus from Eyre Square will travel to Oranmore and Claregalway

The fares are priced at 5 euro within the city boundary and 7 euro for other areas

BE's website doesn't mention Galway Night-rider services at all, but does list some others (http://www.buseireann.ie/bubble.php?id=171). Be aware of the last comment on their page "Free Travel passes issued by Department of Social and Family Affairs are not valid on Nightrider services."

Advertisement