Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a story with a happy ending

Options
  • 28-09-2008 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Last Wednesday evening our phone went dead – no dial tone. Funnily enough broadband still worked, but SNR dropped from 13dB to 6dB so I reported the fault via the Eircom website on Thursday morning. I have a SpeedTouch router and it was able to hold almost a 3Mbit connection at 6dB SNR without any drop outs – I don’t think the Netopia would have a hope in hell of doing that! A lady Eircom technician called today to fix the phone. Problem turned out to be an underground cable fault about 300 meters from the house. She moved me onto a new pair and this line is better than my old one! SNR is now 19.5dB which means I might be able to squeeze a few more Megs outa my line if I ever need to!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

zugvogel wrote: »
    Last Wednesday evening our phone went dead – no dial tone. Funnily enough broadband still worked, but SNR dropped from 13dB to 6dB so I reported the fault via the Eircom website on Thursday morning. I have a SpeedTouch router and it was able to hold almost a 3Mbit connection at 6dB SNR without any drop outs – I don’t think the Netopia would have a hope in hell of doing that! A lady Eircom technician called today to fix the phone. Problem turned out to be an underground cable fault about 300 meters from the house. She moved me onto a new pair and this line is better than my old one! SNR is now 19.5dB which means I might be able to squeeze a few more Megs outa my line if I ever need to!

Post of the month!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

nice to hear. :)

for a minute there when I saw the title i thought it was going to be a happy ending in a thai massage sort of way. :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

To be honest alot of people get things sorted but you just don't hear of it because unhappy people will shout louder then those that are happy. :)
    Its good to see some positive posts once in awhile.

:)

Advertisement