Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Card Query

Options
  • 28-09-2008 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭

Hi .. I have an account with Ulster Bank, the card I have is an UB Cash Card - Yellow one with 16 digits. It has a cirrus stamp on it.

Does anybody know if this can be used like a laser or CC?.
    I know laser cards have 15 digits, so may not be accepted when filling in an online transaction.

Gary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Cirrus is for ATM use only.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Yeah I know cirrus is for ATM's. Im just curious because the card I had a few years ago had the account number on it, whereas now its 16 digit - in the same style say as a credit card and was curious if it could be used like a laser.
    Granted it doesnt have the laser stamp on it, so prob not. But just wondering if anybody can clarify.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Thats not a Laser card. You will have to go to the bank and apply for a Laser card if you want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Yeah thought as much. Thanks for the replies.

Wanted to buy something online and payment hasnt cleared on the credit card yet, so thought I could use the cash card. Oh well... just have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

GBX wrote: »
    Hi .. I have an account with Ulster Bank, the card I have is an UB Cash Card - Yellow one with 16 digits. It has a cirrus stamp on it.

Does anybody know if this can be used like a laser or CC?.
    I know laser cards have 15 digits, so may not be accepted when filling in an online transaction.

Gary

Nope its not a Lazer card. Call you branch and ask to get a service card if you need the lazer function.

• Advertisement
Advertisement