Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And they're back

Options
  • 28-09-2008 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Yes it's this amazing time of the year again, and already since last Wednesday I've been hearing fireworks and seeing the local scummers from St. Teresa's Gardens collectiong for their bonfire (praying the same thing happens as last year:D)

Anyone else hearing fireworks yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

Heard a few rockets yesterday afternoon, Dublin 1 area. They've not got into the full swing of it yet.
    Must keep an eye out for the young 'uns collecting for the bonfire. Bless em.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Heard a few last week, but it seemed to be an organised thing, possibly in phoenix park. To be honest, I think it's a lot quieter here than last year - they started in early september last year, constant fireworks night and day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Bastards were launching them at our apartment windows the other night, one nearly came in through it.

Poor dog was terrified.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's this time of year reminds me that when my poor little four-legged soldier of 17 years went completely deaf it was not entirely a bad thing. He used to be terrified and now he just gives a silly 'looking into the distance' stare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Poor dog was terrified.

If the dog doesn't settle bring him to your vet and get him a sedetive for Halloween night to calm him down.

Ask in the Pets forum for more information as I've never had to use anything myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Yeah, I'm hearing a few per night in CRumlin, it'll get progressively worse, as will the little buggers knockin on the door asking for wood :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Yeah, I'm hearing a few per night in CRumlin, it'll get progressively worse, as will the little buggers knockin on the door asking for wood :mad:

Must resist urge to reply with durty comment, must resist........

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Mairt wrote: »
    If the dog doesn't settle bring him to your vet and get him a sedetive for Halloween night to calm him down.

Ask in the Pets forum for more information as I've never had to use anything myself.
    Vet: What's the problem?
    Punter: It's me dog, the fireworks terrify him...
    V: Where is the dog?
    P: At home, he's too afraid to come out.
    V:What breed is he?
    P: St Bernard.
    V: What's his weight? I need to know to calculate the dose to give him.
    P: Eh....by a weird co-incidence, we weigh exactly the same - 75kg.
    V: Hmmm. How many will you need?
    P: I dunno, what do you think?
    V: Well, one in the evening should be enough.
    P: Eh... that'll be grand. Is it OK to drink with these?
    V: What???

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Tannylan

Yes it's this amazing time of the year again, and already since last Wednesday I've been hearing fireworks and seeing the local scummers from St. Teresa's Gardens collectiong for their bonfire (praying the same thing happens as last year)

Jayus Gav how old are you. You go on like you are about 50
    and their not all bad from St. Teresa's Gardens their is alot of good folk living their

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Yes it's this amazing time of the year again, and already since last Wednesday I've been hearing fireworks and seeing the local scummers from St. Teresa's Gardens collectiong for their bonfire (praying the same thing happens as last year:D)

No and I heard fook all last year tbh I think the Guards have really tried stamping it out. I remember 10 years ago walking round Moor/Henry St. and dealers would be literally fighting one another to sell you their supplies.

What happened last year? Piss parade?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Tannylan wrote: »
    Jayus Gav how old are you. You go on like you are about 50
    and their not all bad from St. Teresa's Gardens their is alot of good folk living their

I'm 17. I know there's alot of good people, but you only seem to meet the bad one's at my age.;) Did you heard what happened last year the day before Halloween in Teresa's Gardens?

Love fireworks tbh but they wreck my head when they're off a month before Halloween.

I'm 17. I know there's alot of good people, but you only seem to meet the bad one's at my age.;) Did you heard what happened last year the day before Halloween in Teresa's Gardens?

Love fireworks tbh but they wreck my head when they're off a month before Halloween.
    Ah I am sure it won't be that bad this year what with the "Recession" and all that;)
    What happened last year btw

Ah I am sure it won't be that bad this year what with the "Recession" and all that;)
    What happened last year btw

2 Dublin City Council trucks, few council men and an array of Guards standing opposite the flats, going in to take the wood. Ended up turning into mayhem, groups of men and kids throwing bricks, fireworks the lot. Didn't witness it myself but my 2 mates did and I could hear it from my gaff.

That happens most years

That happens most years

Usually it happens on Halloween night. I take it you're from around there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭DennisSabre

Kids, this is what can happen when you mess with fireworks (WARNING: contains graphic images)

http://www.huntingtonpd.com/fireworks/fireworks_pictures_page.htm

Usually it happens on Halloween night. I take it you're from around there.
    I am indeed just off Meath St

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I havent heard any yet....thankfully!

Advertisement