Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling Commercial Van Without VAT Invoice

Options
  • 28-09-2008 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Would it be hard to sell a commercial van without a vat invoice?
    Im not VAT registered but bought a van and payed the VAT,so would the sale only appeal to those who are not VAT registered?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

To someone who wants a VAT invoice - Yes.
    To anyone at the minute, Yes, cos the market is bulging with Commercial vehicles, but you knew that already.
    Still, there is always someone out there for something.

Best of luck with the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

Thanks man,i know its hard to sell at the moment but if you not in you can't win.
    I suppose what im really asking is,if i sell the van without a vat invoice to a vat registered person can they generate a vat invoice for it? im pretty sure they can't but i don't really know much about VAT etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Son wrote: »
    I suppose what im really asking is,if i sell the van without a vat invoice to a vat registered person can they generate a vat invoice for it?

Nope.
    Check out www.revenue.ie or even call your centre tomorrow.
    They're pretty helpful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Generally if you wanted to open it to both markets you could sell it at the de VAT price, ie. 21% less. Stating it doesn't have a vat invoice but is priced accordling. On the other hand price is as you like, and just wait for some like yourself, who can't claim back vat, to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

I see,ah well i guess il just price it for what its worth and hold out,thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement