Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ali's boards winter challenge log

Options
  • 28-09-2008 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

Right so the "winter challenge"- Hands up am starting a week later than I had intended. Last week was just one of those weeks in work a couple of 13hr days and all my good intentions go out the window. My life tends towards the chaotic side of things and one or two events tends to turn the whole week on its heels.

Starting weight it around the 75kg mark :eek: no measurements yet cant find my tape but my weight is a decent enough guide for the moment!

Today went for a swim bout 20 lenghts or so

The plan as much as there is one is John Berardi Metabolism advantage weight workouts and some cardio on the days in between. Diet wise low on dairy and wheat, moderate carbs and loads of vegetables etc.

Anyhow more doing less waffling etc!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Hi Ali, good luck hope the challenge goes well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ali.c

Thanks Brian!

Today am workout

Squats
    Back Squat
    20kg *7
    25kg*7

OHS
    10Kg*7
    12kg*7

Dumbell walking lunge
    5kg*14 (7aside)
    4kg*14 (7 aside)
    4kg*14 (7 aside)

Swiss ball double leg curl * 7*7

Step up 6Kg dumbells *7*7*7 (Left)
    Step up 6Kg dumbells*7*7*7 (Right)

Deadlift
    40kg*7*7

Forgot about the deadlifts so they got stuck in the end, legs felt like wood the whole way through. Weights were pretty puny but meh it was hard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭lindak

Hey Ali, glad your on board ! ;)

thanks lindak!

Tuesday 20th September

Couch to 5km program

Run 5
    Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Well done! Keep it up and you'll be seeing the results in no time :D

• Advertisement

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Well done! Keep it up and you'll be seeing the results in no time :D

Thanks

Yesterday evening- Swim for 30mins!

Today is a rest day and off for a weekend full of activity so all good!

well plenty of activity of the weekend- surfing swimming walking so all good.

Bad news is i now have a chest infection so took yesterday and today off. Am on antibiotics so will see how it goes tommorrow if i am up for any training!

Advertisement