Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 upgrades

• 28-09-2008 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭

I went into the carphone wearhouse yesterday to upgrade my phone and have just found out that my platnum upgrade has dissapeared due to the upgrade system. I am soo pissed off. They won't even tell me how far from getting my upgrade again, how can they do that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Keith186

Go to O2 direct and complain to customer service.
    Just ring 1741, they usually look after the customers.
    I was going to move to vodafone to get a cheaper N95 and they sweetened the deal for me as I am customer for nearly 10 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Ur upgrade isnt gone. Its on hold for a temp basis while they upgrade their upgrade systems and pricing structure. It will probably be available agin by the end of the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Ur upgrade isnt gone. Its on hold for a temp basis while they upgrade their upgrade systems and pricing structure. It will probably be available agin by the end of the week

Sound like someone has wanted info! 12years on 02 and they wouldn't give an upgrade after 2 years- much happier on vodafone!!! OP what level of upgrade had you before it went?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

Had a diamond upgrade, I was going to use it yesterday. If it is not sorted out soon I am changing networks

Padjo1981 wrote: »
    Had a diamond upgrade, I was going to use it yesterday. If it is not sorted out soon I am changing networks
    You're okay so you should get your upgrade during October- I know it was annoying to be turned down your upgrade last week but you're lucky that you dont have to wait until January 2009 to take an upgrade-even though you should get in October I still think its an insult-for a diamond upgrade you spent alot of money on 02, I wouldn't take that treatment and take my custom to either Vodafone or 3! Take a look at the 02 forum and the few other threads on boards of very very unhappy customers affected by this and are taking their custom elsewhere to make it known that they cannot treat people like this. Thats my 2c's:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimmychin

i'm out of contract for 15months
    was due a platinum a short while ago (now gone)
    spend of about €1500 in the last 12 months.

spoke to o2 customer care couple of weeks ago after the upgrade dissappeared and the agent mentioned January but then said the upgrade could be back at any time - very strange?

does anyone have any firm info one what is going on?

1. will i get my upgrade back?
    2. when will it come (january 09?)

if it is january 09 does anyone think this has been done to avoid people using their upgrade to buy a phone for someone else for xmas? (i have often use my upgrade to get the girlfirend a phone for xmas.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

jimmychin wrote: »

spoke to o2 customer care couple of weeks ago after the upgrade dissappeared and the agent mentioned January but then said the upgrade could be back at any time - very strange?

if it is january 09 does anyone think this has been done to avoid people using their upgrade to buy a phone for someone else for xmas? (i have often use my upgrade to get the girlfirend a phone for xmas.)

My guess is that they are trying to nab as many new customers on an 18 month contract as possible, with the dire stock shortages they are only getting new contracts on about 60% of the phones that come into the country, because they have to share them with existing upgraders, by relieving existing customers of their upgrades means that almost 100% of the phones coming into the country are go towards getting new business in.

Screwing over existing customers to make a quick buck. Nice! Lets hope Vodafone don't get the next hot product any time soon, there are a lot of pi$$ed off o2 customers that would be ready to jump ship if there was a tempting offer else where.

Without giving out all the info, if you were due a Platnum last month you will get it in October, A silver upgrade is January 2009 but as your spend is only €1500-sorry I don't mean that in a nasty way but as they changed their criteria you'll probably fall into the Silver/Gold category- lets just hope you can keep the Platnum/Diamond Upgrade that you had before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimmychin

after my rant on the phone to o2 i received a letter in the post telling me that my "platinum upgrade has been defferred until saturday 1st Nov"

and as a gesture have a chance to buy priority tickets to an event at the o2!

crap gesture but at least i know my upgrade is not gone for good and i can get the lady friend a phone for xmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

I got the same letter today, I am not happy with the situation. Existing customers get screwed over while the offers for joining are getting better and better all the time. My normal monthly bill is €180 and I get shag all in the way of offers all you get is the upgrade and now they have deferred that till whenever. O2 are taking the piss me thinks
    after my rant on the phone to o2 i received a letter in the post telling me that my "platinum upgrade has been defferred until saturday 1st Nov"

and as a gesture have a chance to buy priority tickets to an event at the o2!

crap gesture but at least i know my upgrade is not gone for good and i can get the lady friend a phone for xmas

• Advertisement
Advertisement