Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash help

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Some browsers are picky but this line:

/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash','movie','flash/intro' ); //end AC code

Should it not be

/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash','movie','flash/intro.swf' ); //end AC code

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Hi
    I changed that line there and still the same,it's validating fine in dreamweaver only showing the error once launched (IE7) is there any other way i can embed the file so as it will play?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

You do have the swf uploaded in the relevent directory yes? - also if you using a Unix/Linux server, make sure that the file names are lower case too even the .swf - or at least match the case as it sensitive to that. Same applies to folder names.

Edit - ok sorry, you actually doing it all locally. IE does have security things on viewing content offline like that, did you try uploading and see what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Yep i've got it uploaded into the flash folder on the sites directory.Locally it plays,the active x box pops up and then will let you go on once clicked,but remotely its just blank.

Ill double check the case's on the folders now

EDIT - Checked cases there grand,i just notice when i open the index page and right click on the centre where the .swf it doesnt seem to be there (ie the zoom in,rewind menu that normally pops up when you right click on flash isnt there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The Mighty Ken

Save yourself the headache and use SWFObject.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Are you certain that the "flash" directory on the server is lowercase, and not "Flash" ?

Also, I'm not sure if the "ACobject is key to the application, but the "S" in "Scripts" is uppercase in that.

Advertisement