Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Transporter headunit wiring?

Options
  • 28-09-2008 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine has a 07 Transporter and asked me to fit a new headunit. He had cable to attach to the VW loom but I could not figure it out.

I could not find an ignition live on the VW loom! I could find 3 permanent live wires one which dropped to 6v when the ignition was switched on!

Has anyone got a wiring diagram of the T5 headunit connection?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 davers

hello,
    im a auto-electrician.. the radio in the newer type vw/audi/skoda group cars
    only have permanent lives at radio.. the radio is switched on off by the key through KAN-LINE wires there orange green/orange brown ones going into the radio twined up together....
    you have to get an ignition feed else where in the car (safest bet fuse box)but be careful as probing wires in cars that new if your not familiar could bring on warning lights..
    hope this helps

dave

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

Thanks for that Dave - I was in a bit of a hurry at the time so just thought I missed the ignition live.

Advertisement