Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permits for sound moderators

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Except that the crime is not the purchase of the moderator Ned. My point was that I could purchase as many sound moderators (or firearms for that matter) as I could find money for, and not commit any crime - but if I take posession of any of them without a licence or authorisation, that is when the crime happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Ned Muldhoon

Ah! - see your point.
    The only reason I posted here was to clear up the bit about the liability of the dealer in such a transaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Bog Man

And to further confuse things ..... What about all the air rifles that have a moderator built in as standard? Last time I looked most new pcp guns seemed to have a built in silencer. Should we be taking a hacksaw and doing modifications?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I think that the permission is implicit if the moderator is inbuilt - it's assumed that the Superintendent should know what he's licencing. If it's an add-on though, the law would seem to be the same for air as for cartridge firearms.

Advertisement