Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Auto electrician Dublin / Rover immobilizer

Options
  • 28-09-2008 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

So, I broke my alarm key fob. The spare one doesn't work, even after battery replacement. I tried all the tricks I could find online. I found the security card with an EKA, but that didn't work either. I tried the "plus one" trick too, as suggested in other forums, so I think I'm pretty stuck...

Could anyone suggest me an auto electrician in Dublin who could come over and do the job? i.e. either reprogram or switch off the immobilizer. Or maybe someone has any other ideas...

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 davers

seen this a few times before..unfortunatly its not a straight forward just by pass..that immobiliser is fully tied into your ecu and engine management.
    as there are no rover dealers left anymore your best bet would be to try the likes of hb dennis ask them can they suggest anyone that may still hold programming software or rover parts.
    as i think thats the only way around your problem.
    not really what u wanted to hear.. i presume

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

You have the EKA code so that is the way to go. As long as the barrel switch is ok then you should be able to input it. It is possible that the immo module is faulty, in which case the EKA will not work. Make sure you are using the correct procedure to input it. I would think most garages would check the module has good power supply and ground as well as checking the barrel switch.
    I am sure you could find someone to bypass it. I used to bypass them but it is not easy. The embedded software in the ECU has to be changed and the immo control unit rewired. In other words it is a lot of trouble so its expensive.
    There are a few companies in the UK that would supply matched remotes if you send them the immo module. Again, not cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

as far as i know rover fobs are the same as land rover fobs so hb dennis or any other LR dealership should be able to help you,
    a regular problem with them is the connection holding in the battery so it might be worth opening it up and putting some pressure on the battery and giving it a try if you havent done this already as there not cheap!
    theres also someone doing them on ebay although i couldnt recommend them as ive no experience with them

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dymonaz

Called up the guy from http://www.autolockandhouse.com/ he came over, 20 minutes, new remote, reprogramming, €220 gone... It hurts to part with potential 110 cans of beer, but I guess that still beats €150 official dealership quoted me + towing costs.

Advertisement