Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway in relegation battle

Options
  • 28-09-2008 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

I will go to Terryland friday night.do people feel survival is a possibility?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Tough call. We haven't won a league game at home all season but have won League Cup and FAI Cup games at home. The manager has them playing well recently and were unlucky not to stuff Shamrock Rovers two weeks ago.

Every team comes to Terryland expecting a win but I reckon someone is going to get a good 'auld bating soon and I really hope it's Cork City on Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I think the possibilities of survival are pretty good unless theres a nuclear holocaust or maybe a giant space cat eats the Earth...I've seen horrifying pictures to suggest the latter

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

No. And the soccer forum is that a way
    >

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Better start getting another DVD ready Galway, at least hopefully justice will finally be done with Dundalk taking yere place.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

I hope cobh ramblers stay up.At least they earned their promotion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

We didn't make the rules.;)
    I'm not sure if we can stay up, Finn Harps have gained quite a few points in recent weeks, and there's three to go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Enjoy it while you can. You'll be going straight back down again... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

No hope...Finn Harps result at the weekend put paid to that. will go along anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Galway United are still in need of everyone's support.

They are embroiled in a relegation battle still, but made 3 points up on the team they are chasing, by beating Cork City 3-2 with only 10 men towards the end.

Galway can boast the only current Irish Under-21 International player based in the League of Ireland.

That is a fair reflection of the quality present in the team as a whole, despite the perilous position they find themselves in.

Everyone who comes to the matches can expect to be thoroughly entertained.

Come out and support the lads.

We have a fine new modern stand with an excellent view, not to mention an FAI Cup Semi Final in Terryland Park coming up soon.
    DSC00641.jpg

Typical Galway United...They beat Cork City 3-2 and their other relegation rivals win their games too against very tough opposition! ye couldn't make bad luck like that up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

What are you talking about?

Their closest relegation rival Finn Harps got beaten at home 1-0 by Pats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Who's the current Irish u-21? Vinny Faherty?

kraggy wrote: »
    What are you talking about?

Their closest relegation rival Finn Harps got beaten at home 1-0 by Pats.

Cobh Ramblers and UCD are their closest relegation rivals! Are you assuming they've already won their game in hand or what?? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

DRakE wrote: »
    Who's the current Irish u-21? Vinny Faherty?

Jay O'Shea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    Cobh Ramblers and UCD are their closest relegation rivals! Are you assuming they've already won their game in hand or what?? :pac:

Finn Harps losing was more important than the other 2 losing.

There's no point at all if Finn Harps stay in front as they are in the first safe position in the table.

Advertisement