Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Commute Ennis - Adare

• 28-09-2008 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

My husband has just got a job in Adare and we are looking at houses in the area, coming from Dublin. We really like Ennis and are considering moving there. Could anyone tell me how long it takes to commute from Ennis to Adare when the arrival time in Adare should be 8 am? Also leaving Adare around 5 pm. How long will it take to get to Ennis? How much will the tunnel improve the commuting time? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Kaat wrote: »
    Hi,

My husband has just got a job in Adare and we are looking at houses in the area, coming from Dublin. We really like Ennis and are considering moving there. Could anyone tell me how long it takes to commute from Ennis to Adare when the arrival time in Adare should be 8 am? Also leaving Adare around 5 pm. How long will it take to get to Ennis? How much will the tunnel improve the commuting time? Thanks

It's a good forty minutes at least. In fact prollly even more. But that's when it's quiet. To get there you have to drive through Limerick City whihc is generally mad anyways. The evenings I couldn't say to be honest. I couldn't even give an estimate cos of rush hour traffic and all.

Oh and hope you enjoy the wonderful town of Ennis! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

Hi there, at the present time clondell (the one with the new tescos)(its from the roundabout at coonagh take the third exit towards limerick city and dock roads can be nightmares at peak times. If your going to be hitting limerick before 7.30am you might be okay about missing the traffic. Having said that there is going to be a toll tunnel that is due to be completed shortly so might relief traffic.

Perhaps you should come down from dublin yourself and do the runs at the times you are going to go especially at school times and see for yourself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I would imagine that if you left at 7 that you'd be there in plenty of time. The tunnel will really free up the route but that won't be until 2010 so there's going to be a couple of years before you get the benifit of it yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

If you leave at 7 you'd get through Limerick no bother in the mornings. The evenings could be slow.

Once the tunnel is finished it'd be a very handy commute.

Advertisement