Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

post-london convention!!

Options
  • 28-09-2008 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

alright, managed to make my way to it today. the new venue at tobacco dock was a great move. the artists were really well spread out over one floor divided into about 8 areas. so that cut down on the ten-people-deep crowds around the 'star tattooists..
    the standard of work being done and walking around was unreal, definatly up from the last time i went two years ago, just amazing stuff really. uncle allan's portfolio was in a leauge of its own!!
    plenty of food areas and more than one bar was great idea too. and the weather was 10/10. the only downside for me was getting there from the city center and back again. tube lines closed for work, buses late etc etc... annoying.
    oh, and i managed to prevent a girl from being run over by a car, so close!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

nice, get any work done yourself? pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭tayto909

neither. apprenticeship is my cash priority right now, so couldn't get anything. however, word was a lot of the big names had empty slots all weekend and were taking 'walk-ins'. robert hernandez and mike rubendall [sp?] were two that come to mind. camera is on the blink so no pics unfortunately. also, the girls were stunning [understatement]!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭tayto909

oh, i saw frank from gallows sitting down for a piece as i was leaving - celebrity spotted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

tayto909 wrote: »
    oh, i saw frank from gallows sitting down for a piece as i was leaving - celebrity spotted.
    possibly the most underrated band around!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Great convention and great venue. The tobacco dock is a killer place. Not too far out of the centre, had no problem with the tube or bus to get there. The quality of artists were amazing. Paddy from Bodyshock was there so hopefully he'll of wrangled a couple from the international scene to attend Dublin. Found a good few of the were booked for the weekend which makes me think some took bookings pre-convention. Definately one for next year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Eire_Tattoo

Didn't realise Hernandez was taking walkins over the weekend, he looked busy enough everytime I went by. I saw a good few artists twidling their thumbs most of the weekend. Must be the recession or something. I need some more work from Hernandez but had too much on in London for a session. It was a very good convention and handy to get to.

Advertisement