Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you hate about working in the mobile phone industry.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

January:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

January:mad:

???

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭keystone

OP - ever heard of customer service??????? (DUH!)

Wasted my time reading your post and wasting my time replying but that crap attitude has to stop.....do your damn job and shut you trap.

:):):):):):):):)

Go wan out of that, i don't beleve you!!:):)

EDIT:

Can I return it, Go wan out of THAT : )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

oh i just thought of another one

the "thats ridiculous" customer.

and its almost always a woman.

me: sorry ma'am the warranty doesnt cover water damage

her: thats ridiculous

or

me: no we cant give you a free replacement phone while yours in in for repair

her: thats ridiculous

me: the iphone is only on o2

her: well....you get the point.

world hunger, racism, the economy....these things are ridiculous, NOT THE ****E YOU'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT.

Funny,
    All 'her' examples were alright while yours weren't! I think you need a change of scenery...and a merry christmas :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

strecker wrote: »
    Funny,
    All 'her' examples were alright while yours weren't! I think you need a change of scenery...and a merry christmas :)

I think you might need a couple more fights under your belt before you take a shot at the title there Rocko........Happy New Year Bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Ardent

Customer walks into shop: "do you sell phones?"

or

phone rings, i pick it up

"Hello (where i work) me speaking."

customer: "is that (where i work)?"

*facepalm*

Maybe they can't understand what you're mumbling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I hate December 27th, and not just because of the phone industry, just retail in general.

Though I do expect to get a lot of people tomorrow asking why we don't have stock of the best sellers to exchange if they had faulty units. You're not the only people who had holidays!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

chrislad wrote: »
    I hate December 27th, and not just because of the phone industry, just retail in general.

Though I do expect to get a lot of people tomorrow asking why we don't have stock of the best sellers to exchange if they had faulty units. You're not the only people who had holidays!

+1, i'm so looking forward to tomorrow and i know of the 1 handset in particular that's going to be the bain of my life for the next few months!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

keystone wrote: »

Wasted my time reading your post and wasting my time replying but that crap attitude has to stop.....do your damn job and shut you trap.

Its people like you this thread was created for;) trying working with the public for a while

• Advertisement

theteal wrote: »
    +1, i'm so looking forward to tomorrow and i know of the 1 handset in particular that's going to be the bain of my life for the next few months!

I was fairly lucky this year, I think. The LG Viewty might be a bit iffy, but reviews on the web have been fair. No immediate SE W580i (2007), SE W300i (2006), Moto V3 Pink (2006) or Nokia 6101 Pink (2005) crap phones really sprang out at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

If you hate working in the Mobile Phone Industry so much, why not change careers jobs ?

If customers annoy you by asking for you to transfer their contacts from old phone to new, why not make it a chargable servce ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

keystone wrote: »

Guess who's getting subscribed to a premium rate service with particularly bad customer service....... once they leave the mobile shop after treating the staff with contempt :-)

KStaford wrote: »
    If you hate working in the Mobile Phone Industry so much, why not change careers jobs ?

If customers annoy you by asking for you to transfer their contacts from old phone to new, why not make it a chargable servce ?

Condescending, much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

I think you might need a couple more fights under your belt before you take a shot at the title there Rocko........Happy New Year Bitch.

Blahblahblah, nutter ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TGi666

ah the good aul days (i realy want to go back to mobile cust service and body know of jobs going let me know ;) ) one day im suprised this hasent been mentioned

me: can i have your number please
    customer: 08x xxxxxxx
    me: is that a meteor number?
    customer: yes thats why i buy meteor credit
    me: (confused) and how can i help you?
    customer: my top up wont go in

10mins of you not on the meteor but i am bla bla bla (customer is VERY angry now)

me: have you another phone i can call back
    customer: yes its bla bla bla
    me: ok stay on the phone
    ring phone customer hangs up mobile
    me: could you turn off your mobile
    customer: why difference will that make
    me: i need to get a number off your sim card
    customer: ok the battery is out now
    customer: (silence)
    me: can i ask whats on the sim card
    customer: its fookin vodafone
    me: (burst out laughen) ah not to worry just take the credit back to where you got it and theyll change it for the correct one
    customer: all apoligitic ah sure ill keep the credit ill just move yove been a great help and me here a great stupid aul thundren bollix

its great when you hear the moment people know there wrong

rember the "for years customers" ive been on the network for years and want everything for nothing

Bumpity bump

People who ring in and dont know their own phone number, I mean, how?

People who ring in to nominate numbers for their free calls, but dont have the numbers written down anywhere, cue 5 mins of them trying to get to their contacts and not hanging up on you

People who automatically assume breaking their phone means they'll get a new one, idiots

People who ring in the ask somethng their bill and then wont let you finish a sentence without interupting you with questions and statements, you rang in to ask ME for advice, im giving it to you, so kindly shut the **** up while I'm talking and when Im done answering your question you can talk, mmkay?

The fact that nobody seems to take repsonsiblity for their own actions with their phone

customer: my bill is huge!
    me: well you're on a plan that gets you 150 minutes a month and you used over 600, you pay for the other ones outside your plan
    customer: i never used my phone that much!
    me: well you did I can see it on the bills, dip****

I had a guy the other day who had a massive bill as he left his phone at home with no pin number and his sister used it while he was on holidays, he was trying to claim as he dint make the calls we had no legal right to charge him, your phone, your responsibilty for where its left and who uses it, take some accountability for yourself!

in fairness to the consumer they should be given the option to cap there bill to avoid bill shock, i've seen a good few customers ripped off on there first few bills before they cop on...
    poor chap last week who moved from meteor pay as you go to vodafone bill pay, ran up over 500euro in text messages to his girlfriend in his first month.....hardly consumer friendly.... Have to say I hope 02 never stop ripping off people with data charges...makes for a very easy coversion:)

in fairness to the consumer they should be given the option to cap there bill to avoid bill shock, i've seen a good few customers ripped off on there first few bills before they cop on...
    poor chap last week who moved from meteor pay as you go to vodafone bill pay, ran up over 500euro in text messages to his girlfriend in his first month.....hardly consumer friendly.... Have to say I hope 02 never stop ripping off people with data charges...makes for a very easy coversion:)

That's his own fault. It's his job to be aware of charges, what's free, what's not etc. If he can't monitor his own usage, tough luck. I do agree RE the data though. That can get very expensive, very, very fast.

chrislad wrote: »
    That's his own fault. It's his job to be aware of charges, what's free, what's not etc. If he can't monitor his own usage, tough luck. I do agree RE the data though. That can get very expensive, very, very fast.

I agree it's his tough luck but he should have the option to cap the bill when signing up....I can get a credit card in the morning with a 200e limit, I can't go and run up a 500e bill without asking the credit card company for an increase....tbh if the same fella asked AIB for a 500e loan he would have probably been refused:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Have to say I hope 02 never stop ripping off people with data charges...makes for a very easy coversion:)

This confuses me. You previously said that you don't work for 3 and i can't remember where exactly but i got the impression that you sell both meteor and o2. So what exactly do you have to gain by an "easy conversion"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    This confuses me. You previously said that you don't work for 3 and i can't remember where exactly but i got the impression that you sell both meteor and o2. So what exactly do you have to gain by an "easy conversion"?

Maybe 3 pay him more commission than the other networks

Walkman wrote: »
    Maybe 3 pay him more commission than the other networks

iirc in my place meteor paid the most commission, three have never been particularly generous. And even if it was a bit better it's not a good reason to look at every customer and say to yourself "how can i switch this guy to 3", you have to take their requirements into account. As with all networks, 3 are only good for certain things so if you're trying to get customers with all usage patterns to switch to them you'd be required to lie quite often, even a lie by omission where you mention a particular offer 3 has that's ok but not one from another network that's better

Also there'd be trouble if his store was never selling any o2 stuff because he kept switching everyone who came in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Jebus sam, it was only a suggestion is to why he might turn people towards 3. Also do you know where he works? How do you know how much 3 pay him im commission?

Walkman wrote: »
    Jebus sam, it was only a suggestion is to why he might turn people towards 3. Also do you know where he works? How do you know how much 3 pay him im commission?

I know it was only a suggestion. I was just saying that that would be a very bad and immoral reason to switch everyone.

I know that he works in a small local store (as in not cpw or one of the big boys) down the country and he has previously said that he sells meteor and i think o2

I don't know exactly how much commission 3 pays him but i can't imagine it's drastically different to what they paid my company

thats what they have a bill shock team for, any high data usage gets flagged, a data addon is automatically added to stop further charges and the customer is rang and informed of what they have used, sometimes even credited for all of it or at least met half way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Do all the providers have such a department?

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Do all the providers have such a department?

I've only heard of o2 doing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I hate people who won't believe you. They point blank refuse to accept that you might be telling the truth and continue to say "but the guy in xyz shop said it was possible", "but my cousin said they did it", "but I read on a Chinese technical forum that it was possible".

No, no it's not. If I had a phone that could control your car or a plan with unlimited minutes for €2.99 per month I would have sold it to you already. It would be easier than arguing with you.

"But abc other network do it" - ok, then sign up with them. I don't make the policys / rules / plans !

• Advertisement

had a guy once who wouldn't believe that all his credit was gone because he had a call divert set up. He thought they were free.

I actually had to set up a divert on my own phone and make a call to show him the credit dropped

Advertisement