Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to learn a course in a year...well, 8 months.

Options
  • 28-09-2008 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭

I chose Biology over Economics and now I'm realising I made a mistake.
    I find Biology detailed, boring and for me, useless.
    I want to do Business in College and feel economics more suited.
    Would it be to learn a course this fast?
    Is it a hard subject?
    Anyone else had this experience (even with a different subject)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Apparently economics is quite a short course and is very doable in a year so I'd say go for it! If you're interested in the course you're more likely to study it, remember it and get a higher grade. Just make sure you make time for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spottykatt

Yep dont panic and just go for it if you want, I took up economics in 6th year for first time(wanted an extra subject) and got an A1 higher level. Thats few years ago now but was short course so get the head down n youll be fine:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Lots of people do economics as an extra subject in 6th year. So your grand! Make sure you have a good teacher who cuts out all the crap in the book which is far too detailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I love economics, really nice course, we're nearly finished it already there's not much in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭catrina101

go for it. definetley! learn all of macro and you're sound. i find it more interesting then micro IMO . i hated bio ( im repeating ) so i gave it up. but economics is sooo easy to get marks in if you do the work!! get the Rapid Revision economics revision book. i'd highly reccommend it. i've seen the others but i find it way better as regards exam questions. it's very detailed. good luck!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Im doing Economics....Tbh its a short course, but you need to be able to get your head around it.....theres a similar amount of learning to Biology

Advertisement