Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

duplicate plates? M50 toll

Options
  • 28-09-2008 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭

My granny has just received an e-flow bill/notice for passing through the new toll system on the motorway. The only problem with this is that, my granny's car has never been on the motorway, and has been sitting unused in the drive for the last 3 weeks. So the only conclusion i can come to is that there is a car on false plates that has gone through the toll bridge. Anyone have any experience of this, or advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

*DOH
    Note to self, read the sticky.
    Sorry lads, sorted/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

My granny has just received an e-flow bill/notice for passing through the new toll system on the motorway. The only problem with this is that, my granny's car has never been on the motorway, and has been sitting unused in the drive for the last 3 weeks. So the only conclusion i can come to is that there is a car on false plates that has gone through the toll bridge. Anyone have any experience of this, or advice?

I don't think that the problem is someone else copying the reg. I've heard a lot of reports on the news of the same thing happening. What seems to be happening is that a small percentage of reg plates are not being captured by the automatic system, and in these cases an image of the car is then passed to an operator who has to zoom in and manually work out the reg number. If the reg number is dirty for for any particular reason and can't be worked out, it seems that they are just working out what the reg number most likely is and closing off the query on the transaction just to get that query off the system...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I'm going to lock this - all M50 posts including those regarding the alleged cock ups with the systems go there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement