Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

m15 magazines

Options
  • 28-09-2008 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Was at HRTA today with my new compact seal m15.

Had 2 Mags, a 300geared and a 130spring

I'd say about half the time the 300 wasn't shooting, but although it emptied quickly: the 130sprung mag was much more reliable.

Didn't do the final game, so I could try it out on the range.
    There would be BBs falling out at the top of the mag on removal of the 300BB geared one when it failed to fire.

Is this normal?
    Would I be better off with the 130BB sprung mags instead?

thanx

tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

tomd wrote: »
    Was at HRTA today with my new compact seal m15.

Had 2 Mags, a 300geared and a 130spring

I'd say about half the time the 300 wasn't shooting, but although it emptied quickly: the 130sprung mag was much more reliable.

Didn't do the final game, so I could try it out on the range.
    There would be BBs falling out at the top of the mag on removal of the 300BB geared one when it failed to fire.

Is this normal?
    Would I be better off with the 130BB sprung mags instead?

thanx

tom

There'll always be a couple of bbs fall out when you remove the magazine.. they're used to push the other ones into the feeder...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 tomd

Doomofman wrote: »
    There'll always be a couple of bbs fall out when you remove the magazine.. they're used to push the other ones into the feeder...

But is it normal that about half the time an M15 won't be firing?

thanks

t

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

no..
    But i get the feeling your not winding the mag all the way. you have to fillit with ammo and then wind it all the way until it makes a louder "click". it should take about 30seconds to fully wind one up.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 tomd

vtec wrote: »
    no..
    But i get the feeling your not winding the mag all the way. you have to fillit with ammo and then wind it all the way until it makes a louder "click". it should take about 30seconds to fully wind one up.,

you were right !

it's takes even longer then thirty seconds

thanks

tom

Advertisement