Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mangoteen ?

• 28-09-2008 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭

Has anybody here tried a mangoteen ? I tried one myself and it was a right PITA opening it up. Been reading up about it online but hoping somebody could answer my questions about it

1 - How do you open them up properly ? I tried cutting it and squeezing it open but it was too hard. In the end I resorted to hitting it with a hammer to break it which was really helpful

2 - Any health benefits of eating them ? Any associated problems of eating too many of them ?

3 - Where can you get them and how much are they ? I found one of them in Blackrock shopping centre among a load of passion fruits, only the one though, cant remember how much it cost as well.

4 - What are they used for in cooking ? Any additional information is welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Do you mean mangosteen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Yep sorry, wasn't sure if it was mangosteen or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

No worries just wasn't sure if it was a different thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Ah I had them in Hong Kong. They're quite nice. I don't know if yours was ripe or not because all the ones I've had, the shell was very soft. To open it, you just apply pressure on it and it cracks open in half.

Advertisement