Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Birthday InStore!

Options
  • 28-09-2008 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭

I was in there today on the way back from a stroll on the beach in Strandhill (feck me, it was breezy!) & they gave me & the missus a glass of wine & directed us to a plate FULL of Pringles. That doesn't happen too often in furniture stores!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Furniture Stores .... trivial advice = eat all the pringles you can eat

Serious advice = make sure all money money you pay for deposits/furniture is on credit card.....as your payment is automatically insured.

Arramount in Galway went belly up a couple of months ago over one weekend, and the gi-normous MFI in the UK is also in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I went up there myself during work.
    I was also given a glass of wine,the boss just warned me not to come back langered!
    Had some very nice things,and were offering 20% off everything so not too bad value.
    Felt sorry for the staff though,the last thing you want on a Sunday is to be open until 8pm,and it was pretty busy aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Instore is really nice. Something different.
    The little cafe they have attracts a lot of people too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Yeah - it's a nice store alright... we got our sofa & lounger for the sitting room there. Worked out quite reasonable, price-wise & the quality is excellent. There's some very over-priced items, but in general, it seems to be decent value. Coffee there is good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Instore is where we bought our coffee table last year! Nearly the cheapest in the whole retail park, (cheapest was 10 euro less) and definitely the nicest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 murm

just be careful out there, i have it from a very very reliable source that these guys are in serious financial trouble ,wouldnt go leaving any big deposits if i were you .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

LOL

The whole f*cking world is in massive financial trouble.

I wouldn't be putting any deposits on anything these days anyway - who knows where your job will be tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

murm wrote: »
    just be careful out there, i have it from a very very reliable source that these guys are in serious financial trouble ,wouldnt go leaving any big deposits if i were you .

I heard that as well - a pity if its true.

Incidentally, has the other furniture place at the other end of the estate ( end unit ) closed down ? I was not up there in a while....a few times I was up there mid week a while ago and there were very few cars in the whole car park , considering the size of the place - not a great sign ...maybe the cars that were there were belonging to staff ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Instore are doing 30% off giftware today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

jimmmy wrote: »
    I heard that as well - a pity if its true.

Incidentally, has the other furniture place at the other end of the estate ( end unit ) closed down ? I was not up there in a while....a few times I was up there mid week a while ago and there were very few cars in the whole car park , considering the size of the place - not a great sign ...maybe the cars that were there were belonging to staff ?

Yeah. Allendale. They were in trouble for a long time there.
    It's a shame!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

Pity its closed. None of the shops there seem to be that busy. There was a carpet shop and a tile shop there too. I always thought stuff in that warehouse park was expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I got a leaflet delivered yesterday, saying Instore were selling off ex-display furniture.

What a shame, its a scary time to be losing your job.

Advertisement