Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haircuts

Options
  • 28-09-2008 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Not being one that often frequents a hairdresser I don't really know where to go. Preferably somewhere I can walk into without an appointment, which won't charge me loads of money and yet is somewhat young and stylish so I don't come out looking 20 years older than I am.
    Yes, I am being particular but does anyone know of such a place? Or does anyone know of anywhere where you can get cheap cuts done by student hairdressers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

dafunk wrote: »
    Not being one that often frequents a hairdresser I don't really know where to go. Preferably somewhere I can walk into without an appointment, which won't charge me loads of money and yet is somewhat young and stylish so I don't come out looking 20 years older than I am.
    Yes, I am being particular but does anyone know of such a place? Or does anyone know of anywhere where you can get cheap cuts done by student hairdressers?

There's a Polish young lad in Reggie Healy's (High Street) who's really good.

Haircut is €13. €11 if you're a student or really old. No appointment necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Cheers. That's a barbers is it? Maybe should have specified that I'm female. Hence looking for a hairdresser who won't completely rip you off is a difficult thing to do in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

the connaught college of hair design (or some such thing) is on the third floor of the building that houses square eyes internet cafe on forester street. They're really cheap, but I'm pretty sure you need to ring ahead for an appointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

Come on over for a few cans. I've got clippers, Darko has a range o' hair dyes, and we have plenty of scissors about as well. It'll be great fun ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

tristanc wrote: »
    Come on over for a few cans. I've got clippers, Darko has a range o' hair dyes, and we have plenty of scissors about as well. It'll be great fun ;)

yay boards beers hairdressing.

• Advertisement

Cheers Xiney! I'll try there. Tristan, I might just take you up on that offer, I have been known to have shaved dyed hair before .. think I might be too old to get away with that now though ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

yay boards beers hairdressing.

Hmm. I like it! It'll be like a theme boards-beers, but with greater potential for long term social/emotional damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Cheers Xiney! I'll try there. Tristan, I might just take you up on that offer, I have been known to have shaved dyed hair before .. think I might be too old to get away with that now though ...
    Your never to old to shave your head and dye your hair a crazy colour. You probably would look silly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Scruffy Joes on lower abbeygate st -sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Angelandie

Barry's on shop street is reasonable and the stylists are really good there. You dont need an appointment for there. Plus the chairs at the sinks have a massage setting for while they are shampooing you. Really relaxing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

No problem - I overheard the receptionist say that a cut & blow dry was 12 euro. Slave labour is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Catríona has Isis on sea road, she's an amazing cutter and my sister comes down from Dublin especially to go there. She's about €35 which is cheap for a city hair dresser.

I have long layered hair and everyone remarks (positively) about my hair when I've gone to her. She can do colour but cutting is her specialty

I went to the Connaught College of Hairdressing. 15 euro for a wash cut and blow dry. Pretty good. The student hairdresser was good although you need to allow a little extra time as they aren't as quick as the professionals.

I'd recommend it. Way better than paying 70 quid on the main street for the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Angelandie wrote: »
    Barry's on shop street is reasonable and the stylists are really good there. You dont need an appointment for there. Plus the chairs at the sinks have a massage setting for while they are shampooing you. Really relaxing :)

What do you class as reasonable? Dafunk people pay 70 quid for a haircut? Do they wash it in pussy juice or cut it with their teeth or what???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

kraggy wrote: »
    There's a Polish young lad in Reggie Healy's (High Street) who's really good.

Haircut is €13. €11 if you're a student or really old. No appointment necessary.
    I heard about some Polish folk somewhere at Shop Street and that he's really good so maybe we're thinking about the same guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

What do you class as reasonable? Dafunk people pay 70 quid for a haircut? Do they wash it in pussy juice or cut it with their teeth or what???

nice :rolleyes:

Aye. That's what they charge women in the likes of Peter Marks and those places. I find your question very weird. Would you like your head washed in smeg?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Aye. That's what they charge women in the likes of Peter Marks and those places. I find your question very weird. Would you like your head washed in smeg?

Or possibly liquefied cats?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

college of hairdressing, just above subway on third floor. Just around from the train station.

Or possibly liquefied cats?

Heh! Sharp as a tack Pope. I like your stlye ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mickymac

wrong place :)

Advertisement