Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peugeot cc = girl cars

• 28-09-2008 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here seen a Peugot cc car being driven by a man? Any cc car at all now like the 206cc,207cc, 307cc.

apparently only 12% of those who bought 206cc were guys. and of that 12% half of them were probably gay or metrosexual and the other 6% bought it for a chick. i think it's actually a nice car but i would never get one because of the whole 'girl car' image.

any other real girl cars to avoid like the plague? there should be some site that has statistics so clueless guys can avoid buying girl cars

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

why does it bother you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I used to think a scoop was a girl car. Until I started seeing mostly middle aged men in them.

Buy a car you LIKE, not based on what other guys like :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Yes...what do I win?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Tragedy wrote: »
    Buy a car you LIKE, not that girls like :)

Fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

OP - grow up

"girl's car"

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

i believe its not good to be seen in a girl car when you're not a girl. its probably more of an old-world superstitious thing than anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

My issue with these type of cars are that they pretend they have back seats. It's ridiculous, they should just put more effort in and make a nice 2 seater Mx5 rival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

OP, you seem very insecure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

towel401 wrote: »
    i believe its not good to be seen in a girl car when you're not a girl. its probably more of an old-world superstitious thing than anything.

It's called social homophobia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

kbannon wrote: »
    why does it bother you?
    would you drive one of the aforementioned cars? would you drive it around your neighbourhood with the roof down? answer truthfully now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭peachystarr

'GIRL' cars this is interesting....

I dont think Id like a man picking me up in a mini cooper or a 206cc .....................unless of course it was a present for me, hehe :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

most people i know would refer to the 206 *in general* as a "hairdresser car" or have said to me "oh yes my mam/sister <insert female owner> has one of those!"

the 206cc is very feminine. I don't think you'd ever spot me driving one unless for some hottie who for whatever reason was temporarily unable to drive and asked me to for some good lovin ;) *sorry for drifting off*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

'GIRL' cars this is interesting....

I dont think Id like a man picking me up in a mini cooper or a 206cc .....................unless of course it was a present for me, hehe :cool:

What a lucky man that would be to pick up such a shallow, materialistic girl.

:o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Stephen wrote: »

+1

Its like today, my mate said type R tegs are girls cars because he saw about 3 girls driving them. Because of that he now wouldnt buy one. Weird chap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

towel401 wrote: »
    Has anyone here seen a Peugot cc car being driven by a man?

Me and a collegue drove a 206cc from our office in the city centre to Drogheda, with the roof down all the way. It was a nice sunny day and the car had just been dropped back off lease - also, it's OK to smoke in a company car if it's convertible (I reckon - don't know if anyone has taken a test case on this yet :D).

Found the cheesiest music we could on the radio and crept through city centre traffic for about half an hour. Felt like a right t1t, but it gave us both a laugh :p

Handling was absolutley pants with the roof down, but that's not really what the whole car is about.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Friend of mine drives one actually. He enjoys it.

VH wrote: »
    would you drive one of the aforementioned cars? would you drive it around your neighbourhood with the roof down? answer truthfully now...
    Whilst I would not consider buying one, it would not bother me in the slightest to drive one with the top down.
    And the reason I would not buy on is because I don't really like convertibles but if I were to get one I would get a proper one with a soft top!
    congo_90 wrote: »
    most people i know would refer to the 206 *in general* as a "hairdresser car" or have said to me "oh yes my mam/sister <insert female owner> has one of those!"
    My wife has a 206 h/b. Its a bland car but does exactly what she wants from it. I have no problem driving it around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Stephen wrote: »
    Nail on head.

it would not bother me in the slightest to drive one with the top down.
    repeatedly - around your neighbour hood?

I and 'er indoors both know that I have a big willy so I don't need to make up for it in other ways!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I would. Because i'm not insecure.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I and 'er indoors both know that I have a big willy so I don't need to make up for it in other ways!

Pics or GTFO.

:)

Stekelly wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO.

:)
    I would love to but I would then have to ban myself from the motors forum! :D

Anan1 wrote: »
    I would. Because i'm not insecure.;)
    i don't think it's because of what youre not - more a case of what you are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

What's with the hostility for believing some cars are 'girl's cars'? In many cases, 'girl's car' is exactly the image the manafacturers are aiming for.

Is it any different to describing certain Jag or Merc models as middle aged men's cars? Some cars are designed for and most frequently driven by certain demographics. Pretending otherwise is just some kind of PC nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

i don't think it's because of what youre not - more a case of what you are

That would be one months ban for you sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

I cant see any problem with any guy driving a 206 cc. ive seen a few guys drive them myself. Ive also seen a lot of guys drive MINI's so I cant see what the problem is. The car can go from a to b. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

[QUOTE=towel401;57407521any other real girl cars to avoid like the plague? there should be some site that has statistics so clueless guys can avoid buying girl cars[/QUOTE]

As a rule of thumb any convertible (but mine) is a girl's car. But, tbh, if you have to ask what's a girl's car.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Why do some people get so heated about this? its not being sexist its just catagorising. People just see cars and imagine the people driving them. If you dont want to be judged by the car you drive buy a toyota corolla.
    7 series BMWs will always be driven by managing directors, E class mercs will always be driven by old men. Cabriolet cars will always be driven by hairdressers and Nissan Micras will always be driven by old ladies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I drive a 206 and I'm a girl, so there you have it. I bought it because I wanted a small car. Small cars seem to = girls cars. However, my boyfriend drives it too, thankfully he is not so hung up on what other motorists might think of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I do, on occasion, have cause to drive de mudder's pale yellow Micra. The only reason this bothers me is that it has a 900cc engine and therefore gets overtaken by continental drift. There's no denying this is a car aimed at women, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

WindSock wrote: »
    I drive a 206 and I'm a girl, so there you have it. I bought it because I wanted a small car. Small cars seem to = girls cars. However, my boyfriend drives it too, thankfully he is not so hung up on what other motorists might think of him.

its like wearing a pink shirt, you have to be confident in your sexuality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

Slig wrote: »
    Why do some people get so heated about this? its not being sexist its just catagorising. People just see cars and imagine the people driving them. If you dont want to be judged by the car you drive buy a toyota corolla.
    7 series BMWs will always be driven by managing directors, E class mercs will always be driven by old men. Cabriolet cars will always be driven by hairdressers and Nissan Micras will always be driven by old ladies

dont get it either

first impressions can and do happen folks

whether or not you care what those impressions are though are your own issues

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

wow you are all so pc it's disgusting - like I'm watching an American sitcom.

Anyway, to answer your question OP:

Opel Tigra
    Audi A3
    Mini - esp Convertible
    Honda CRV
    Volvo new C70

Now A3 and CRV are questionable - but - I only ever see girls driving them. Anything with 'CC' in the name.

CB4_1167466_5_670479.jpg

Now, can you picture any other car with that logo on the back? 206 is the ultimate girl's car and surely there can be no argument to that!!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

Mondo from Fair City has a bright blue 206CC!

My 50 year old aunt has a silver one, she has reached that stage of her life ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭zookey

hi does anyone on here who drives a peugot 206cc have any problems with the car itself?... i have just text driven a second hand one and everything was lovely but i notice it was quiet "rattly" and an odd bang coming from underneath on using clutch, although it has just been passed NCT.. i'm just wondering is this just the feel of these type of cars as i have never driven one before.. would appreciate any info or advice from anyone who drives one or has experience in dealing with this type of car... ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Girls car, clutch problems......must resist...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Slig wrote: »
    7 series BMWs will always be driven by managing directorss

Woo hoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Please don't drag up old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement