Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef Gelatin???

Options
  • 28-09-2008 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

My girlfriend is a vegetarian and I just noticed the vitamin capsules she takes every day contain beef gelatin in the capsule shell.
    Should I tell her? would she care? can I get her vitamins without this ingredient?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

DEFINITELY tell her.

If I was taking/eating something that contained animal ingredients I'd really want to know about it.

She can change. Seven Seas do a vegan one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tell her. Yes you can get vitamins without gelatin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

it can be such a pain when you are given medication to find this is the case. if anything, if you've taken some before you realise it is a real kick in the guts :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Look at Boots and Sona brand vitamin/mineral supplements, most of them should be veggie.

Advertisement