Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If the world could vote

Options
  • 29-09-2008 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

http://www.iftheworldcouldvote.com/

Check out this very interesting website. It takes votes from every country and shows stats of who wants what US president. Very interesting to see Obama dominating.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

You mean it takes a sample of people who happen to be web-enabled and click on their vote throughout the world. To give a sample of the accuracy, note the figures for the US: Current polling in the real world is about a 50-50 split. Over 80-20 Obama on this site.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

We should invade Belarus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Obama would win by a landslide if the world could vote, given that McCain is perceived as a continuation of Bush (McCain voting 90% for Bush favoured policies), and Palin is a laughing stock in claiming qualification in foreign affairs from books and the telly in a recent interview (among other things).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

yawn , it has always been the case that if the rest of the world could vote , the democrats would win hands down

republicans are more quientesentially american and i dont mean that as a compliment nesscerilly

Yeah its hard to like a country when its the world superpower and its being reigned by religiously inclined nutjobs. I mean pardon the nai-ev-uh-tae but how much more friendly would the middle east be if they werent always hellbent on trying to start jihads and holy wars?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

lol, you better not let fox see the Iranian vote :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

norbert64 wrote: »
    lol, you better not let fox see the Iranian vote :p

I was just wondering about that, Norbert. Better hide Iraq and Russia too. Maybe China will vote for Obama. Still, after next Thursday it might be down to the Pitcairn Islands :D!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

The Raven. wrote: »
    I was just wondering about that, Norbert. Better hide Iraq and Russia too. Maybe China will vote for Obama. Still, after next Thursday it might be down to the Pitcairn Islands :D!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population

I like the fact that only one person in Iraq has voted - and (s)he's voted for Obama.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

The results are clear: Europeans want change.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I think Manic Moran may be right unfortunately. The overall result is 87%-13% for Obama. That site's result for US voters is 82%-18% for Obama. We know that the results in the real election aren't going to be anywhere near that close. So all we can really conclude is that the world's young, internet-savvy people are more in favour of Obama.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Look at Macedonia, 248 votes, 92% in favour of McCain

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

added to the axis of evil

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

If the world could vote....we'd be voting for a world leader.

Hands up all those who'd like to see two Americans, and only two Americans in such a race?

Advertisement