Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of changing to NTL Broadband - advice please

Options
  • 29-09-2008 5:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm thinking of changing from Smart to NTL 20 MB and wondering the following:

1. Has the overall NTL service improved or is still a total shambles ?

2. Are NTL throttling peer to peer, or was this just a rumour ?

Thanks in advance

Mr Woods

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I'm thinking about this too.

Edit:- never mind, I just had a peek at this thread... LOL
    I don't play the lottery, thx anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I've been with NTL/UPC for over 3 years and was mostly happy with them (though the non-existent support has been an issue for all that time, no change there). If you had asked me up to about last week, I would have recommended them - now, I'm very close to telling them to go f**k themselves and canceling both broadband and TV. My "20Mb/s down/1.5Mb/s up" connection has gone down for an evening 3 times this month and since last week, speeds have dropped most of the time to unacceptable levels. Last night around 21:00, it dropped to under 54Kb/s - yes, that's slower than dialup FFS :mad:. Minutes to even load an HTTP page (3+ to get to the boards.ie frontpage) and forget about torrents or any other form of download with these speeds. So yeah, after the recent "upgrades", they have managed to piss off even long term customers like me - I'd avoid them like the plague at this stage.

Advertisement