Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Td's Clinic for problems Success??

Options
  • 29-09-2008 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hello,

I am one of them there civil servants!!

Has anyone ever had anything sucessfully resolved by visiting their TD?
    I was thinking of traveling to louth to ask Dermot Ahern for something?

Mad idea or might work?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

We asked a Local TD for help before, and the issue was resolved within the week

Opposition TD's Might be a better bet, they seem to be "hungrier" for your support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

I'm not sure they really can actually resolve something. Studies have found that TDs give off the perception they can 'fix' things, but in reality, you'll get whatever it is you're entitled to. On the other hand, if you're expecting special treatment in a way that undermines fairness in the public system, I'd encourage you to think twice about the moral and real implications.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭kathy2

No I dont want any special treatment!! How did you get to that idea its amazing how the human mind works!!:D Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I think it depends what you want to get "done". That's what clinics are for, and they offer TDs an insight into constituents' problems. I had reason to send letters to my local TDs and the relevant minister a few years ago. All of them came back to me, fairly promptly, with an answer (even though it was not the one I wanted :( ).I still get Christmas cards from one. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

kathy2 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I was thinking of traveling to louth to ask Dermot Ahern for something?
    Why go all the way to Louth? He won't be able to do anything spectacular just because he's Minister for Justice. Go to your local TD.

• Advertisement

You cant see minister unless you are from louth:mad:

So I emailed him:)

No reply:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

if you make a five figure contribution to party funds, preferably in used sterling and euro notes, they will help with anything you want, permission to build a shopping centre in your back garden, the odd tax bill that won't go away, all sorts.:D

seriously, if you have a case and no one is listening to you, then it is worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

You cant see minister unless you are from louth:mad:

So I emailed him:)

No reply:rolleyes:

Again, what the hell is wrong with your local TD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

I wrote to one (he was a councillor at the time) about a cycle track leading to a school which had a road sign, but no surface markings showing where the track was. Cars were driving right up to the kerb.

Action was prompt: they removed the cycle track sign.

I went to the local td.

Nice friendly glad I went but nada so far:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

No I dont want any special treatment!! How did you get to that idea its amazing how the human mind works!!:D

Its simple really:
    I am one of them there civil servants

Advertisement