Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Common Room Club?

Options
  • 29-09-2008 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm a final year arts student and never wondered about this til today. Does anyone know what the Common Room Club is and who are its members? I was wandering around the 1st floor Newman Building and was intrigued by all the rooms stating members only, is it for graduates or? I know they serve alcohol so is it party central for post-grads and tutors?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

If your talking about the room near the tunnel to the admin building, its for staff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Its for staff, but lecturers will bring you in at certain times. These are usually after invited speakers, book launches, or some kind of academic vibe that involves a social element. It also has dictionaries behind the bar which is totally nerdy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

In which of the alphabetical blocks is the club at?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Chakar wrote: »
    In which of the alphabetical blocks is the club at?

Its beside the tunnel to the Admin building, I think it is B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Its beside the tunnel to the Admin building, I think it is B.

Thanks. I'm going to the common room with my class following an invitation by my lecturer. It'll be a chance for all of us to get to know each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I worked in UCD briefly and went in there every day for 'coffee'. i think officially you are supposed to be a member to go in there, but any staff seemed to be welcome. It was nice.

Advertisement