Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone comaptable Lightening Detector Sites

Options
  • 29-09-2008 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭

I got an iPhone recently which was was delighted about (seeing as they're hard to come my at the moment) but my first major disappointment was that it was hard to find a lightening detector site that worked on one.

The iPhone doesn't support flash so the usual nexStorm displays don't work with it. I did think that Meteorologica.co.uk's free lightening detector should have worked as I thought that site just took a screen shot of the detector readout and used a script to feed the image to the webpage at regular intervals. Not a hope though. There may be flash in there somewhere becuase that page won't display either.

Anyone know of a decent site that does work? it'd be useful as I could then hapilly plug out the wireless router and everything else the next time there's some lightening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

All StormVue detector sites are in Java and need to be compatable with certain phones MIDP-1.0 and MIDP-2.0. Nokia and Sony phones seem to work fine(iphones?) but there is a program that has to be downloaded to enable this to work on the phone. It works on my W810i from my site.

I posted this awhile ago so do a search for Spark.CLK and it should let you see what i'm talking about as my time is limited atm.
    You need any more info, ask away and i'll get back to you later.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

The iPhone doesn't support Java at the moment, Sun are said to be working on it but nothing so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah, no Java either. Maybe that's the problem with the meteorologica one as well, though I thought javascript should be supported!

Thanks for the reply snowbie...

Advertisement