Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO seen in Meath by Garda, Politician & Pilot...

Options

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Any links to the footage taken? Interesting story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Indo wrote: »
    THE truth is out there -- and if a senior garda, a Fianna Fail politician and a pilot are to be believed,

Nice opening sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Ill judge for myself when I see the footage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Carturo

Don't need to see footage. Experienced something firsthand a couple of years back. ;) Incredible it was, the way it moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Am kind of surprised there is no foootage of such an apparently amazing event, which makes me suspicious...

• Advertisement

Swamp Gas or Sleep paralysis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Just listening to a story about it on the radio. Apparently the footage was only show at the UFO Society of Ireland Conferece yesterday and will be up on the website in a few days. Footage was taken on a mobile phone so dont expect anything great....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Betty was on Gerry Ryan this morning. Her theories started to go a bit mental towards the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Scruff wrote: »
    Footage was taken on a mobile phone so dont expect anything great....

Sorry, but when the following is said:
    ""There is no footage like this in the world. It is the most amazing and spectacular I have ever seen," said Carl Nally, co-founder of UFO and Paranormal Research Ireland and joint author of 'Conspiracy of Silence'."

....I will expect something great. So if it is a grainy load of crap that is open to multitudes of interpretations I will be disappointed. :)

only read the news article after hearing the bit on the radio. Ufo shooting lasers! 61.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

I saw a single light move across the night sky on thursday night it was too low to be a satellite or shooting star and too small to be any type of plane.... just a small white light moving in a straight line in Blanchardstown, just wondering if anyone else seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

If this was actually good footage it would on youtube by now. This reminds me of the american dude who claimed he had footage of an alien, where is he now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

"He added that he would not rule out speculation that increased UFO activity in the north Dublin and Meath areas was linked to the road construction works near Tara. "We cannot rule this out as a possibility. We are talking about a very ancient sacred place," he said."

That's about when I did a :rolleyes: and left to get a cup of coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Hi,

I actually have the footage that was shown at the UFO conference in Carrick on Shannon at the weekend. Carl Nally and Dermot Butler who I've known for two years asked me to get the footage from the mobile phone and onto disc. I'm a neighbour of Betty and its through her that I know both Carl and Dermot.

The footage is very strange and def something that could not have been tampered with. It was indeed taken from a mobile phone by a detective, who immediately sent the video to Carl Nally.

Basically Carl wanted to show the footage at the conference and expose it to the media there. My job was to put the footage in a presentation format for him to present on saturday last. The clip of the UFO is about 15 seconds long and shows a red "laser" beam shooting down to the ground from one of the three lights visible.

I was asked by the Star and the sun to provide them with stills of the footage....which Carl allowed. so the three stills I provided where shown in last Thursdays edition of the star as well as the sun on saturday.

Betty also told me today that rte were looking for the rights to show the footage and I was to send them the file. So I think they will be doing some sort of special on it...when, I don't know.

The deal was to put the clip up on youtube straight after the conference at the weekend, but Carl and dermot did'nt want to until some sort of contract was drawn up regarding rights etc..

I was at the conference for the weekend(was asked to do the photography by betty) and there was alot of hype over the clip been shown, along with a strong media presence. Due to the nature of the event though, there will always be critics about this clip, but it was not and could not have been tampered with. The quality is'nt perfect but when you do actually see it...its clear enough. I used video software to slow down the clip from the normal speed to 20% speed to show the beam shooting down from the light. I then freeze framed it at the exact second it shoots down. If someone could tell me how I could post the photo here I will.....but as to showing the footage itself...well I made a promise to the lads that I would'nt. Not untill they allow me to anyways.

The fact that this was taken from a camera phone and send immediately to Carl Nally makes it stand out from other ufo sightings imo. But you can judge for yourselves when you see it(hopefully on rte soon)

if you guys want to ask any questions relating to this feel free.

Any chance we can see unedited source material here???

I don't want to get into a splat on this issue, but leaving aside "contractual" issues, "rights issues" and other enterprising notions, is there any chance you guys can offer ANY evidence whatsover, with regard to your series of claims???

There is a serious danger of over hyping at this stage. They would have been better off just having it available immediately after the conference. Perhaps drawing up "contracts" and "rights" etc etc should have been completed before the conference??

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Maximilian wrote: »

Or this?

Maximilian wrote: »

If it is........fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

Has anyone tried to find the impact point? That is evidence. A video of 3 lights on a mobile phone and one of them does something unusual is well... worthless. Now if it shows a laser hitting the ground there'll be an impact point, most likely, find that and you might find something that would be worth looking at.

As for the video above, if that's the one, you look like you're filming two streetlights and a single flashing light.

• Advertisement

I think the manouvering's we're seeing kind of suggest there could be another motive at work here...

Darragh29 wrote: »
    I think the manouvering's we're seeing kind of suggest there could be another motive at work here...

Save Tara or the martians will invade us?

Will the aliens be compensated as part of this copyright deal?
    Applying rights to it makes it slightly less credible imo. If ufo society members are all about exposing the alien presence and government "cover ups" surely you would want as many people as possible to see the video and the best way to do that would be to make it freely available or do the rights only cover commercial programs like documentaries.
    :confused:
    If someone could tell me how I could post the photo here I will.....but as to showing the footage itself...well I made a promise to the lads that I would'nt. Not untill they allow me to anyways.

When posting a comment just clik on the insertimage.gif image to add the url to the picture from another location or click attach.gifto attach the picture from a file.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

chin_grin wrote: »
    Or this?

epic win

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

What manouverings?

this is the freeze frame from the footage that gave to the star, sun etc. the footage shown above seems to me to be like what I received...only that some sort of laser shoots down from one of the lights.

Any chance we can see unedited source material here???

yes i have the unedited material that was sent immediately to Carl Nally, but as I said I'm not in a position to give out the footage until Carl contacts me. The whole UFO paranormal area is'nt something i've well versed in so excuse my ignorance to some issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

That looks exactly like a Paint picture with a black background, three dots and a red line.

I eagerly await the video...

Zillah wrote: »
    That looks exactly like a Paint picture with a black background, three dots and a red line.

I eagerly await the video...

I can quiet assure you that its nothing of the sort...even though I have all the tools to do such a job.....the video speaks for itself. The actual video clip I received is 15 seconds long with the laser shooting down at 7.5 seconds. I am not a video or photography expert or anything or the sort by the way.

I wanted to post it up on youtube after the conference but I was told not to until further notice. :mad:

• Advertisement

Looks very.......clean. I will reserve judgment until I see the video

Edit: Did you need to use Photoshop to convert the image?

Advertisement