Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO seen in Meath by Garda, Politician & Pilot...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Maximilian wrote: »
    Actually, would someone go and watch it for me and tell me what I think.

You liked it but are going to wait for the DVD to see the alternative ending and extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Yep. Rent Close Encounters of the Third Kind instead... it's a lot more impressive.

Going through some of the footage we filmed on the day here. We have got an interview with Carl Nally at his stand where he explains himself. I'll see if I can get that up by tomorrow.

That would be fantastic. Cheers.
    Close encounters was great for sure, and it also took less time to release.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

6th wrote: »
    You liked it but are going to wait for the DVD to see the alternative ending and extras.

lol
    i hear it been digitally remastered like Star Wars to make the laser special effects seem more real.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Christopher Lee was completely cut out of the original version. But you'll be able to see him in the extended edition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Christopher Lee was completely cut out of the original version. But you'll be able to see him in the extended edition.

I thought they had replaced him with a CGI character!

• Advertisement

Maybe it is all part of some viral campaign for "The Day the Earth Stood Still" - staring Neo.

I thought they had replaced him with a CGI character!

Nah, that was the laser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

i heard it won awards for the special effects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

iamhunted wrote: »
    i heard it won awards for the special effects

Must have been a Razzi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Pgibson

*moving* is the operative word. what other shape? I dunno - any shape at all, as they are *moving* (theres that word again).

did I just completely miss the whole point of your question?

Just pointing out that a triangle is the ONLY shape the three points can make.......... apart from a straight line!

• Advertisement

Pgibson wrote: »
    Just pointing out that a triangle is the ONLY shape the three points can make.......... apart from a straight line!

i wouldnt agree. three connected points may only make a triangle maybe, but threes seperate balloons dont have to create a triangle or a straightline. they can, but they dont have to. I'm promise I'll stop being pedantic now ....

A circle and a square could also have 3 points on them.

Just because there is a light it doesn't been it's a corner.

A circle and a square could also have 3 points on them.

Just because there is a light it doesn't been it's a corner.

I was referring to their appearance in the sky.

You can imagine them looking like Homer Simpson if you like.

"I saw three points of light that looked like Homer Simpson".

Not a runner.

Recorded at Dublin ParaCon '08

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

did he say orbs:eek: well then the footage has to be real,,,

was a great day all the same ,,,i didnt see the footage,,thanks to the supervisor and the spider demons,,,,

Orbs? Orbs??

I'm sorry, but this guys credibility as a "paranormal investigator" has just been shot to pieces in my opinion.

And then he goes on to categorically state that his footage is not chinese lanterns, because he knows the characteristics of lanterns. He doesn't even know the characteristics of orbs for crying out loud!

His reasoning for keeping the footage out of the public domain is laughable. "So people who are really interested can come and see it". Give me a break.
    - So "interested people can enjoy it". Maybe I'm wrong here but the footage isn't entertainment?
    - So the footage won't become corrupted on Youtube? Maybe someone can explain that one to me.
    - Cyberspace anoraks will corrupt his video? LOL

Lets get down to brass tacks here, this guy is afraid to put his video into the public domain. He is afraid of the scrutiny it will come under. He is afraid of damaging his own credibility after his initial statements. He is afraid of losing possible revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Focusing just on the ufo footage comment that bit about the footage for enjoyment only is a load of poo. For a person who believes in ufo's and is pushing the agenda that they exists it is quite odd that he doesnt want this supposedly superb footage of a "real" ufo scrutinized in any way and we're only supposed to take his word for it because he said so. so case closed it was real. cause he said so. :rolleyes:

Noopti wrote: »
    Orbs? Orbs??

I'm sorry, but this guys credibility as a "paranormal investigator" has just been shot to pieces in my opinion.

And then he goes on to categorically state that his footage is not chinese lanterns, because he knows the characteristics of lanterns. He doesn't even know the characteristics of orbs for crying out loud!

His reasoning for keeping the footage out of the public domain is laughable. "So people who are really interested can come and see it". Give me a break.
    - So "interested people can enjoy it". Maybe I'm wrong here but the footage isn't entertainment?
    - So the footage won't become corrupted on Youtube? Maybe someone can explain that one to me.

Lets get down to brass tacks here, this guy is afraid to put his video into the public domain. He is afraid of the scrutiny it will come under. He is afraid of damaging his own credibility after his initial statements. He is afraid of losing possible revenue.

Tell me who would be credable to you so ?

I believe the wedding guests.

(Even if they were all well drunk at that hour of the night.)

Credible would be a paranormal investigator who doesn't ascribe a good investigation to finding some "orbs".

For example, the two guys from TAPS (on that show Ghost Hunters) come across to me as being credible investigators. Of course, that is just based on their TV show, so I still won't categorically say they are 100% credible.

• Advertisement

it's a pity the footage isnt just put out there, then people will see it's not particularly convincing and this whole saga can find its place in infamy alongside the recent big foot fiasco. I think the intentions are much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Noopti wrote: »
    Orbs? Orbs??

I think you hit the nail on the head right here.

There is absolutely no reason why this video shouldn't be released to the public if it is what he claims it is.

it's a pity the footage isnt just put out there, then people will see it's not particularly convincing and this whole saga can find its place in infamy alongside the recent big foot fiasco. I think the intentions are much the same.

It will be out soon enough. It is being sent to some video experts (dont know who they are)

At the end of the day its going to be like one of those pictures shrinks use. People will see what they want to see. There is no way to prove its a craft. There is no way to prove that its chinese Lanterns .

The video is what it is.

There is no way to prove that its chinese Lanterns .

The wedding guests can go back to the shop where they bought them and check where the other ones in the shop were made.

Maybe even buy more and do a "Repeat Demo" !!!

This is one CRAZY thread !!!

Love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

People will see what they want to see. There is no way to prove its a craft. There is no way to prove that its chinese Lanterns .

The video is what it is.

A religious parallel, if you will.

I don't know the truth of this evidence, but I do know the paranormalians want to believe it so badly they can't see the possibility it might not be extramundane.

I've seen no one here say its what carl nally is saying it is, I only see people saying its lanterns and otehrs saying there isnt enough evidence to say what it is - making it unidentified.

nipplenuts wrote: »

I don't know the truth of this evidence, but I do know the paranormalians want to believe it so badly they can't see the possibility it might not be extramundane.

you severely underestimate "paranormalians"

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

nipplenuts wrote: »

As with the two previous posters, majority opinion here has been either against CN, or undecided. Its a sweeping misjudgement to say all 'parnormalians' (whatever they are) want so badly for this to be an alien craft. All people want here is to be allowed to judge for themselves based on the evidence, and to read expert opinion, both positive and negative, in order to come to some conclusion on what it is most likely to be.

Paranormalians dont exist, you know.

Oryx wrote: »
    Paranormalians dont exist, you know.

Of course they do, they kept a couple alive in Area 51 for a long time.

• Advertisement

I lived in Area 52 for a while, those feckers in '51 where the worst neighbours I've ever had .... parties all night, spacecraft parked outside my bunker ...

Advertisement