Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO seen in Meath by Garda, Politician & Pilot...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

very interesting. Is there any way to enhance the stills taken from the video so that they are brighter. Would love to see a shot that indicates the shape of the UFO rather that guessing its shape by the positions of triangular light arrangement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Hey, I've just been talking to Carl and himself and a couple of other guys will have a stand at the convention on the 11th so you can talk to them directly about it. People are pretty hyped about this and while its not an area I'm big into this footage could be pretty exciting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 joekelly123

Hmm, I have to agree that image looks terrible and not very convincing. If that indeed is the quality of any such video you have then I think it will be unable to provide conclusive proof. I may be wrong and hope I am.

I myself along with my a relation some years ago witnessed what I can only describe as a UFO outside Loughrea in Galway. I must have been about 16-17 at the time and It was a bright light in the sky that zig zagged in patterns that would be absouletly impossible for a commercial aircraft, not to metion completly pointless, the speed at which it moved was incredible.

The only way I can descibe it was if you consider the speed of a commercial airliner when you see one in the sky, try to imagine something travelling at 6-7 times that speed in triangular patterns and coming to dead stops then darting off to another point. It all seemed random but on my life and my familys life we both seen this and could only draw one conclusion.

Some people state that these occurrences can usually be put down to Natural phenomenon's (Sprites, Ball lightning, etc.) but this imo could not be the case for what we saw. It was a clear night with no hint of rain, thunder or lightning.

Happy to answer any questions

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

Natural phenomenon's (Sprites...

Ehm... What!?

Is it just me or is this whole sequence startlingly reminiscent of the big foot hoax a few weeks ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭0utpost31

Can you guess which one is mspaint and which one is a "real" ufo?

2902027380_2cee4ceaf5_m.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=64101&d=1222776578

This evidence is pathetic.

I see that this is a crop, can you post a bigger photo please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 joekelly123

Sprites google it
    There are plenty of images too.
    Here is some Wiki info:
    "Sprites

Sprites are now well-documented electrical discharges that occur high above some types of thunderstorms. They appear as luminous reddish-orange or greenish-blue, plasma-like flashes, last longer than normal lower stratospheric discharges (typically around 17 milliseconds), and are triggered by the discharges of positive lightning between the thundercloud and the ground.[32] Sprites often occur in clusters of two or more, and typically span the distance from 50 miles (80 km) to 90 miles (145 km) above the earth, with what appear to be tendrils hanging below, and branches reaching above. A 2007 paper reports that the apparent tendrils and branches of sprites are actually formed by bright streamer heads of less than 140 m diameter moving up or down at 1 to 10 percent of the speed of light.[49] The abstract is publicly accessible.[50][51][48]
    Sprites may be horizontally displaced by up to 30 miles (48 km) from the location of the underlying lightning strike, with a time delay following the lightning that is typically a few milliseconds, but on rare occasions may be up to 100 milliseconds. Sprites are sometimes, but not always, preceded by a sprite halo, a broad, pancake-like region of transient optical emission centred at an altitude of about 47 miles (76 km) above lightning.[47] Sprite halos are produced by weak ionization from transient electric fields of the same type that causes sprites, but which are insufficiently intense to exceed the threshold needed for sprites. Sprites were first photographed on July 6, 1989 by scientists from the University of Minnesota. Several years after their discovery they were named after the mischievous sprite (air spirit) Puck in Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream.
    Recent research carried out at the University of Houston in 2002 indicates that some normal (negative) lightning discharges produce a sprite halo, the precursor of a sprite, and that every lightning bolt between cloud and ground attempts to produce a sprite or a sprite halo.I][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed"]citation needed[/URL][/I Research in 2004 by scientists from Tohoku University found that very low frequency emissions occur at the same time as the sprite, indicating that a discharge within the cloud may generate the sprites."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

To be fair there are details in the photo that aren't paint like. You can see what could be reflections of the lights off a hull when you zoom in.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

Sprites google it
    There are plenty of images too.
    Here is some Wiki info:
    "Sprites

Sprites are now well-documented electrical discharges that occur high above some types of thunderstorms. They appear as luminous reddish-orange or greenish-blue, plasma-like flashes, last longer than normal lower stratospheric discharges (typically around 17 milliseconds), and are triggered by the discharges of positive lightning between the thundercloud and the ground.[32] Sprites often occur in clusters of two or more, and typically span the distance from 50 miles (80 km) to 90 miles (145 km) above the earth, with what appear to be tendrils hanging below, and branches reaching above. A 2007 paper reports that the apparent tendrils and branches of sprites are actually formed by bright streamer heads of less than 140 m diameter moving up or down at 1 to 10 percent of the speed of light.[49] The abstract is publicly accessible.[50][51][48]
    Sprites may be horizontally displaced by up to 30 miles (48 km) from the location of the underlying lightning strike, with a time delay following the lightning that is typically a few milliseconds, but on rare occasions may be up to 100 milliseconds. Sprites are sometimes, but not always, preceded by a sprite halo, a broad, pancake-like region of transient optical emission centred at an altitude of about 47 miles (76 km) above lightning.[47] Sprite halos are produced by weak ionization from transient electric fields of the same type that causes sprites, but which are insufficiently intense to exceed the threshold needed for sprites. Sprites were first photographed on July 6, 1989 by scientists from the University of Minnesota. Several years after their discovery they were named after the mischievous sprite (air spirit) Puck in Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream.
    Recent research carried out at the University of Houston in 2002 indicates that some normal (negative) lightning discharges produce a sprite halo, the precursor of a sprite, and that every lightning bolt between cloud and ground attempts to produce a sprite or a sprite halo.I][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed"]citation needed[/URL][/I Research in 2004 by scientists from Tohoku University found that very low frequency emissions occur at the same time as the sprite, indicating that a discharge within the cloud may generate the sprites."

Phew... I thought it was a fairy/pixie reference!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

0utpost31 wrote: »
    Can you guess which one is mspaint and which one is a "real" ufo?

2902027380_2cee4ceaf5_m.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=64101&d=1222776578

This evidence is pathetic.

I see that this is a crop, can you post a bigger photo please?

I cropped it for the A4 prints of it I printed to be displayed at the conference. I also cleaned up the little specks around the 3 white lights. My job was to make it as clear as I could and nothing else.

I really wish I could post it up on youtube and it would shut up some of ye who think that I'm trying to fake something. Remember that my name has not and will not be associated with any of these images so I've nothing to gain from this.
    I Just did what I had to do for it to be show both on dvd and on digital prints at the conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I also cleaned up the little specks around the 3 white lights.

Why? That is not cleaning up the image, that is removing potential evidence of what it could be. :confused:

• Advertisement

Noopti wrote: »
    Why? That is not cleaning up the image, that is removing potential evidence of what it could be. :confused:

Fair enough....im a noob when it comes to stuff like this so ye can just wait and see it when/if it's ever shown on rte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭localhothead

although I firmly believe in UFOS' the one you appear to have evidence of is actually pretty well known , and is generally considered to be a military secret craft used by UK and usa .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_triangle_(UFO)#The_Belgian_Air_Force_Report

although I firmly believe in UFOS' the one you appear to have evidence of is actually pretty well known , and is generally considered to be a military secret craft used by UK and usa .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_triangle_(UFO)#The_Belgian_Air_Force_Report

just to clear things up.....I have no evidence....all i have is what was given to me by Carl Nally.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

The footage is very strange and def something that could not have been tampered with. It was indeed taken from a mobile phone by a detective, who immediately sent the video to Carl Nally.

While I'm not disputing the validity of the sighting, I would be very hesitant to describe any digital evidence as something that could not have been tampered with.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Can't wait to see this vid

ok guys/girls....as I said I won't go into any more detail as its not my area of expertise....i belong in the poker board :pac:

anyways whenever I get the go ahead to upload it to youtube you'll be the first to know. I will post when in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

for the skeptics here's the Un-cropped picture.

laserblast.png

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

Can anyone see this pic, can you post it again??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Poltergoose

He added that he would not rule out speculation that increased UFO activity in the north Dublin and Meath areas was linked to the road construction works near Tara. "We cannot rule this out as a possibility. We are talking about a very ancient sacred place," he said.

So what he is saying is that they are probably more than likely "new age space travellers"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

6th wrote: »
    Hey, I've just been talking to Carl and himself and a couple of other guys will have a stand at the convention on the 11th so you can talk to them directly about it. People are pretty hyped about this and while its not an area I'm big into this footage could be pretty exciting.

Not everybody will make the convention (though I completely understand and applaud you pimping it at any and all opportunity:D), and four of a kind says he is only the middleman for want of a better way of putting it, and while he is defending himself adequately, he has said this is not really his thing, therefore would you not get Carl himself to come on as a guest and create a discussion thread where the can answer some of the questions that four of a kind is constrained from answering? Just a thought!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Not everybody will make the convention (though I completely understand and applaud you pimping it at any and all opportunity:D), and four of a kind says he is only the middleman for want of a better way of putting it, and while he is defending himself adequately, he has said this is not really his thing, therefore would you not get Carl himself to come on as a guest and create a discussion thread where the can answer some of the questions that four of a kind is constrained from answering? Just a thought!

Good idea

+1

I'll send Carl a mail before lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Noopti wrote: »
    Save Tara or the martians will invade us?

No, it sounds a bit like the same approach used by the folks who recently claimed to have found a Bigfoot corse up in the Rockies somewhere, a load of hype and expectation and talking about some future news conference with amazing evidence "when they are fully in a position to do so" and in the end it was all obviously a hoax, they were just hyping it up to see the coverage snowball.

Just my opinion but I would be fairly confident that this isnt a hoax. Obviously there is the option thats its something else but I dont believe there is a conscious effort to mislead people.

Darragh29 wrote: »
    No, it sounds a bit like the same approach used by the folks who recently claimed to have found a Bigfoot corse up in the Rockies somewhere, a load of hype and expectation and talking about some future news conference with amazing evidence "when they are fully in a position to do so" and in the end it was all obviously a hoax, they were just hyping it up to see the coverage snowball.

Maybe, but I think it's too early to tell, as a an interested sceptic I am willing to wait a bit to see the evidence such as it is and then make my mind up!

6th wrote: »
    Just my opinion but I would be fairly confident that this isnt a hoax. Obviously there is the option thats its something else but I dont believe there is a conscious effort to mislead people.

Well, you've spoken to one of the main individuals concerned here and that is a lot closer than we have gotten to any of the other claims / hoaxes mentioned here and on other threads, and I do have a respect for yourself and don't believe you would willingly involve yourself in any deception either, so that lends some weight to the truthfulness of these guys, however I will reserve my final judgment until I have seen the video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Ah I'm prejuiced most of the time, such is life!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Maybe ive overlooked this on my reading of this, but why are the public still waiting to be shown the video clip?

faceman wrote: »
    Maybe ive overlooked this on my reading of this, but why are the public still waiting to be shown the video clip?

Money! I would imagine that there is some financial considerations to be taken into account if it is as good as has been said then I would imagine they are trying to sell/copyright it. Just a guess, but it's something I would look into if I had something I thought was really good, but then I'm a greedy bakstard!

Edit: Wasn't RTE mentioned earlier?

• Advertisement

I've just been on the phone to Carl Nally and he said that he will be happy to answer all questions pertaining to this issue at his stand at the conventino on Oct 11th. He also said that he will be showing the footage that was shown at the UFO conference last weekend. I hope that this makes everything a little less confusing for those of you who were agitated by this whole thing.

Regarding RTE having rights to this...I was wrong. its some "hotzone" channel in Australia who are working on a deal to gain exclusive rights to show it. Again I did'nt ask for specifics.

When I told Carl about this thread he said for anyone who wants to see the clip in person to go to this convention.

Advertisement