Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO seen in Meath by Garda, Politician & Pilot...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

When I told Carl about this thread he said for anyone who wants to see the clip in person to go to this convention.

Eh....no.

I won't be going to his convention just to see a clip which could be complete arse. He should have the balls to simply open it up to the world for scrutiny instead of hiding it away for the people who want to go to his convention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

I've just been on the phone to Carl Nally and he said that he will be happy to answer all questions pertaining to this issue at his stand at the conventino on Oct 11th. He also said that he will be showing the footage that was shown at the UFO conference last weekend. I hope that this makes everything a little less confusing for those of you who were agitated by this whole thing.

Regarding RTE having rights to this...I was wrong. its some "hotzone" channel in Australia who are working on a deal to gain exclusive rights to show it. Again I did'nt ask for specifics.

When I told Carl about this thread he said for anyone who wants to see the clip in person to go to this convention.

Fair enough but as I said earlier not all of us will be able to attend, so that last paragraph as an answer is not really an answer, however I have made my points and that is his perrogative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭conceited

Don't be a silly lads.
    He should copyright it first if it is indeed the real deal then it will be massive in terms of significance.Why be an idiot and post in to the public right now?
    Have patience.

How can he copyright it, if it is not his footage?

Surely the person who filmed it owns the rights, and even if they signed the footage over to Carl to use, has he got the right to then copyright it for himself?

This whole thing is fishy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

conceited wrote: »
    Don't be a silly lads.
    He should copyright it first if it is indeed the real deal then it will be massive in terms of significance.Why be an idiot and post in to the public right now?
    Have patience.

I agree 100%. If this was my baby then I would have the business side of things sewn up before I went and showed it on youtube for instances where it would no longer be yours.

I'm very certain that once it logistics of the material is finalised then the clip will be readily available. Personally I don't see what all the hype is about anyways....its not as if its going to prove that UFO's exist.

• Advertisement

So the Garda who filmed it (ie: the original owner of the footage), has allowed Carl to copyright the footage for himself in order to make money from it?

I agree 100%. If this was my baby then I would have the business side of things sewn up before I went and showed it on youtube for instances where it would no longer be yours.

I'm very certain that once it logistics of the material is finalised then the clip will be readily available. Personally I don't see what all the hype is about anyways....its not as if its going to prove that UFO's exist.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Noopti wrote: »
    Eh....no.

I won't be going to his convention just to see a clip which could be complete arse. He should have the balls to simply open it up to the world for scrutiny instead of hiding it away for the people who want to go to his convention.

Just to correct you there. The convention is one that's being run by a number of long standing boards.ie members, myself included. There's been a lot of interest in this specific topic so we've asked them to take a stand at the convention.

I couldn't give a toss who's it is I'm saying calm down and think logically for 2 seconds .
    Copyright it and make sure you own the thing before you start plastering it all over the web having retards on youtube saying things like
    "you fail"
    "epic fail"
    You8 know the type I'm talking about.
    If this is true and you want to be taken seriously for once in your life you start doing this bloody thing properly..

Disinformation

Another technique of concealing facts, or censorship, is also used if the group can affect such control. When channels of information cannot be completely closed, they can be rendered useless by filling them with disinformation, effectively lowering their signal-to-noise ratio and discrediting the opposition by association with a lot of easily-disproved false claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

How can he copyright it, if it is not his footage?

Surely the person who filmed it owns the rights, and even if they signed the footage over to Carl to use, has he got the right to then copyright it for himself?

This whole thing is fishy.

Maybe the aliens are involved.....:D

• Advertisement

Maybe the aliens haven't signed release forms yet.

Ok then:
    I won't be going to this convention just to see a clip which could be complete arse. He should have the balls to simply open it up to the world for scrutiny instead of hiding it away for the people who want to go to this convention.

My point still remains, he should have opened this up to public scrutiny earlier. Surely, if this footage is as incredible as it is being made out to be (and so far all we have to go with is a persons word, and a touched up screenshot) then it should be easily available to the public to make up their own minds. Afterall, and no offense, but I would guess that the majority of people going to this convention are going to give him and the footage an easier time then a public world full of imagery experts/video experts/knowledgeable scientists.

And if he is taking his time to wrap up exclusive deals, copyright issues etc, well.......i would question his motives.

I couldn't give a toss who's it is I'm saying calm down and think logically for 2 seconds .
    Copyright it and make sure you own the thing before you start plastering it all over the web having retards on youtube saying things like
    "you fail"
    "epic fail"
    You8 know the type I'm talking about.
    If this is true and you want to be taken seriously for once in your life you start doing this bloody thing properly..

Disinformation

Copyrighting a video will not stop stupid youtube comments. Plus, and no-one has yet answered this, is the footage his? How does he own it?
    He should have held a press conference and released the footage to the media and recognised experts for analysis.

Not take time to work out exclusive deals with Australian news networks.

Instead of thinking of instant satisfaction why don't you use your head instead of your willy?
    Of course they will give him an easier time thats common sense.
    If it is this significant and your outnumbered by about 100000000 -1 of people who don't believe in ufo's why give them the ball?
    The media need to be convinced or your argument is the same as "pissing in the wind"...

Not take time to work out exclusive deals with Australian news networks.

Actually if the footage is good enough for a network to shell out money that would be a point in it's favour, because if it turns out to be fake then the lawyers will rape him!

Stop editing your dam posts Noopti

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

So whats the story with this convention then? Where is it?
    I usually wouldn't be seen dead at something like that, but if its near I might very quickly pop in and pop out :cool:

Instead of thinking of instant satisfaction why don't you use your head instead of your willy?
    Of course they will give him an easier time thats common sense.
    If it is this significant and your outnumbered by about 100000000 -1 of people who don't believe in ufo's why give them the ball?
    The media need to be convinced or your argument is the same as "pissing in the wind"...

I'm not looking for satisfaction from this. To be honest, I'm not expecting anything more then the standard few lights in the sky in shaky cam.
    My problem is the way it is being handled. He had too options in my opinion:

1. Announce this amazing footage and then release it publicly for scrutiny
    2. Keep his mouth closed and only announce it when he is willing to show it/release it

He has announced this "amazing" footage and then, when everyone is waiting to see it, tells them he won't be showing it to them. Unless they want to go to a convention where he has a stand. In the meantime he is working out exclusivity deals etc etc
    Right now, this video is being hyped to no end....due to his actions/inactions and it will more than likely end up resulting in a lot of people collectively shrugging their shoulders and thinking "this is the amazing footage" once it finally gets around to being released.

At the end of the day he is screwing people over, he is screwing over the public whom he has dangled the carrot in front of for too long and it seems he is screwing over the poor sod who originally filmed the footage by seemingly trying to make money off the back of it with copyrights/deals etc. Or is he cutting the original owner in on the action?

This smacks so much of the recent big foot fiasco so much it is unreal.
    Stop editing your dam posts Noopti

I changed the word "image" for "video". Get over it.

murrayp4 wrote: »
    So whats the story with this convention then? Where is it?
    I usually wouldn't be seen dead at something like that, but if its near I might very quickly pop in and pop out :cool:

Sticky at the top of the forum here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055236227

See the sticky at the top of this forum

• Advertisement

I'm not looking for satisfaction from this. To be honest, I'm not expecting anything more then the standard few lights in the sky in shaky cam.
    My problem is the way it is being handled. He had too options in my opinion:

1. Announce this amazing footage and then release it publicly for scrutiny
    2. Keep his mouth closed and only announce it when he is willing to show it/release it

He has announced this "amazing" footage and then, when everyone is waiting to see it, tells them he won't be showing it to them. Unless they want to go to a convention where he has a stand. In the meantime he is working out exclusivity deals etc etc
    Right now, this video is being hyped to no end....due to his actions/inactions and it will more than likely end up resulting in a lot of people collectively shrugging their shoulders and thinking "this is the amazing footage" once it finally gets around to being released.

At the end of the day he is screwing people over, he is screwing over the public whom he has dangled the carrot in front of for too long and it seems he is screwing over the poor sod who originally filmed the footage by seemingly trying to make money off the back of it with copyrights/deals etc. Or is he cutting the original owner in on the action?

This smacks so much of the recent big foot fiasco so much it is unreal.

I changed the word "image" for "video". Get over it.

Dude take a step back! One thread on a discussion forum and a few tabloid inches is hardly "being hyped up no end". I am interested, but funnily enough once I log off I probably won't give it too much thought until I log back in and check this thread. And if it is a hoax, so what? You will be vindicated and the rest of us will go, "Ho Hum, another one". ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭loz

LOL

I will log off and also not give a hoot about this video. But when I am reading the thread and thinking about it, well, it annoys me. It annoys me mainly because it seems to me that it is being turned into a way to make a quick buck.

Like I said, I hope the person who filmed it isn't being taken for a ride with this.

I will log off and also not give a hoot about this video. But when I am reading the thread and thinking about it, well, it annoys me. It annoys me mainly because it seems to me that it is being turned into a way to make a quick buck.

Like I said, I hope the person who filmed it isn't being taken for a ride with this.

I doubt it! And as I said earlier, nothing wrong with making a quick buck, I would if it was me, I would also not try it unless I was pretty sure of the veracity of what I had!

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

Tenner bets this is a load of cock and bull....

Ask yourself why is every single ufo pic blurred.

And one other thing.... why in gods earth would anyone edit a picture to clear things up when its supposed to be evidence.

As if a "RED" laser isnt ironic enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Its easy to slag the footage for being por quality but I've heard so many people complain about people NOT using camera phone technology to capture stuff as it is witnessed.

Same on these people for not having thousands of euros worth of video equipment with them while they are out and about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Well now that he has created a rule for himself that says that anyone who wants to see this footage must go to a convention, this leaves him wide open to criticism that he is participating in a campaign to increase footfall at this event. If he just threw the footage out there and let people make their own minds up, he might have been left with some credibility.

Sorry if this ruffles feathers with the people who are organising the convention, it's just the way it looks to me to be honest, I'm just saying it as I see it...

Well I saw that there was a huge amount of interest in this and that there was no sign of it getting released anytime soon. Based on that I asked Carl to come to the convention and give people the chance to see it and talk to him about it.

He really is going the decent thing here (and a favour to me) by giving people the chance and he is definity not looking to increase traffic to the event - it just happens to be the best outlet for the footage to people who have a genuine interest.

They genuinely believe they have something and I for one am looking forward to making my mind up based on seeing it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

6th wrote: »
    Well I saw that there was a huge amount of interest in this and that there was no sign of it getting released anytime soon. Based on that I asked Carl to come to the convention and give people the chance to see it and talk to him about it.

He really is going the decent thing here (and a favour to me) by giving people the chance and he is definity not looking to increase traffic to the event - it just happens to be the best outlet for the footage to people who have a genuine interest.

They genuinely believe they have something and I for one am looking forward to making my mind up based on seeing it myself.

C'mon 6th, it's 2008, not 1908! We have the internet now!!! There is no earthly reason I can think of why he can show people this footage on a PC at a convention but can't post it in a more public manner, for example put it on the internet. It's obviously an attention seeking ploy, if there was any truth to it whatsoever, it would have been on the news by now. If a TD really saw a UFO and had witnesses, the hard bit would be getting him to shut up about it ffs!

• Advertisement

If its put on line then everyone can grab a copy of it. As for the TD, I wouldnt comment on what I saw until it had been checked out - he probably has to be mor ecareful than most.

Advertisement