Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO seen in Meath by Garda, Politician & Pilot...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

I think he is right,he was given the fotage to do what he thought right with and he is,you are all gagging to see it.Just because he is not showing it publicy does not mean its bogus,if he can make a few bob out of it fair play to him and the photographers.I cant wait to see it.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

holly1 wrote: »
    Just because he is not showing it publicy does not mean its bogus...

No, but when he starts acting like a child with a bag of marbles with the footage and insists that people pay into a convention to see this footage, his credibility goes out the window and it starts looking like there is another agenda at work me thinks...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Again he has been invited by the convention and didnt go looking for an outlet. Also he is not making any money from being at the convention.

6th wrote: »
    Again he has been invited by the convention and didnt go looking for an outlet. Also he is not making any money from being at the convention.

He's written off in my books, regardless of what video footage he has. If there was anything of substance to this, it would have been all over the media by now...

Darragh29 wrote: »
    He's written off in my books, regardless of what video footage he has. If there was anything of substance to this, it would have been all over the media by now...

I think the fact you are writing it off without seeing it says a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

This was commented on in an article in the Star yesterday for anyone interested in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

If its put on line then everyone can grab a copy of it. As for the TD, I wouldnt comment on what I saw until it had been checked out - he probably has to be mor ecareful than most.
    Actually according to The Independent, he is talking:

"And Fianna Fail Town Councillor in Trim, Jimmy Peppard, ran indoors for a camera on August 8 when he spotted a triangular-shaped object measuring "about a mile in diameter" in the sky, where it remained static for about half an hour."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Ziycon wrote: »
    This was commented on in an article in the Star yesterday for anyone interested in it!

Our thread or the topic at hand?

I'm not reading through the last few pages, I presume we don't have footage yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭conceited

zillah wrote:
    And I thought I was conceited :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

any footage shown at night is a disaster. it could be anything. 3 lights doesn't always mean a triangle shaped craft. will wait for the footage when it comes out . i have been studying this phenomena for years and this is by no means a good picture and even if the video footage is clear it is still at night. unless this so called craft does amazing changes in speed directions it will just be another dark 3 lighted something. i've heard the british have a secret aerospace project going on just like the us military. could they be flying their craft over our areospace.

One subset of the UFO phenomenon has broken through to the mainstream. These are the infamous triangular craft. The reports are simply too many and too clear. The sizes of these triangles have ranged from small to immense. Most are slow-moving and low-flying; occasionally people describe them as boomerang-shaped instead of triangular. The fact that they fly so low, and so slowly, is a problem that demands an explanation, both scientifically and politically. Complicating the matter are the many witnesses who describe exceptional speed and maneuverability relating to these triangles, such as flat pivot turns or incredible acceleration. A key NIDS conclusion is that the actions of these triangular craft do not conform to previous patterns of covert deployment of unacknowledged aircraft. Furthermore, “neither the agenda nor the origin of the Flying Triangles are currently known.”

The years 1990-2004 have seen an intense wave of Flying Triangle aircraft, the study observes. Sifting through reports by hundreds of eyewitnesses, the NIDS assessment states that the behavior of the vehicles “does not appear consistent with the covert deployment of an advanced DoD [U.S. Department of the Defense] aircraft but they could still be top secret craft just like the triangle stealth bomber was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

zenno wrote: »
    any footage shown at night is a disaster. it could be anything. 3 lights doesn't always mean a triangle shaped craft. will wait for the footage when it comes out . i have been studying this phenomena for years and this is by no means a good picture and even if the video footage is clear it is still at night. unless this so called craft does amazing changes in speed directions it will just be another dark 3 lighted something. i've heard the british have a secret aerospace project going on just like the us military. could they be flying their craft over our areospace.

One subset of the UFO phenomenon has broken through to the mainstream. These are the infamous triangular craft. The reports are simply too many and too clear. The sizes of these triangles have ranged from small to immense. Most are slow-moving and low-flying; occasionally people describe them as boomerang-shaped instead of triangular. The fact that they fly so low, and so slowly, is a problem that demands an explanation, both scientifically and politically. Complicating the matter are the many witnesses who describe exceptional speed and maneuverability relating to these triangles, such as flat pivot turns or incredible acceleration. A key NIDS conclusion is that the actions of these triangular craft do not conform to previous patterns of covert deployment of unacknowledged aircraft. Furthermore, “neither the agenda nor the origin of the Flying Triangles are currently known.”

The years 1990-2004 have seen an intense wave of Flying Triangle aircraft, the study observes. Sifting through reports by hundreds of eyewitnesses, the NIDS assessment states that the behavior of the vehicles “does not appear consistent with the covert deployment of an advanced DoD [U.S. Department of the Defense] aircraft but they could still be top secret craft just like the triangle stealth bomber was.

Its NOT a picture its a .bmp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

makes no difference it is still and will be still hard to distinguish because of a dark night. obviously a daytime shot would have been nice. but like all other "bmp's" or other pictures shot at night they usually obscure the real shape of the craft. no problem will wait for the video release. there seems to be a wave of sightings in and around dublin these days. maybe someone else will get a good daylight shot with a bit of luck.

I think the fact you are writing it off without seeing it says a lot.

I'm writing it off because:

(1) I can't see it, so no evidence of anything.

(2) I was born skeptical.

...and that there was no sign of it getting released anytime soon.

Why???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

No , i'm not ready yet to be taken in the middle of the night by wide eyed creatures from another planet and poked ,prodded and have all sorts of unmentionables inflicted upon my person .....no soreeeeeeeeeeeee :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Zillah wrote: »
    I'm not reading through the last few pages, I presume we don't have footage yet?
    Topic!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Why doesnt someone go to the convention and take a video on their phone of the video from the phone and then post it up here!! Genius if i do say so myself :rolleyes:
    My interest is waning rapidly. Dont think the ufo society are doing themselves any favours in the delay with this rights issue\fiasco. What good is having evidence for a belief you are trying to convinve people of if you are only going to show it if you are going to make money out of it???

/edit
    you could always by you're very own ufo on ebay and shoot as many videos as you want!

Scruff wrote: »
    Why doesnt someone go to the convention and take a video on their phone of the video from the phone and then post it up here!! Genius if i do say so myself :rolleyes:
    My interest is waning rapidly. Dont think the ufo society are doing themselves any favours in the delay with this rights issue\fiasco. What good is having evidence for a belief you are trying to convinve people of if you are only going to show it if you are going to make money out of it???

/edit
    you could always by you're very own ufo on ebay and shoot as many videos as you want!

Unfortunately that is what has people like me being skeptical at the best of times. If they want to win the argument, I think they need to understand their audience a bit better, which is probably made up more of skeptics like myself than those who believe in aliens. Obviously if you are a skeptic and you see this kind of codding & messing going on, it's case dismissed before you even see the footage!

Scruff wrote: »

Coz one of the scary men will throw them out. Also they are not making money from it by showing it at the convention.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Like the type of scary men that governments employ to keep their secrets secret?

• Advertisement

..... nope ... scarrier.

Coz one of the scary men will throw them out. Also they are not making money from it by showing it at the convention.

Yeah but the organisers of the convention are generating possibly substantial and much needed revenue from his attendance if there is an entrance fee for the convention of 10 Euro minimum or 25 Euro maximum, and a load of people turn up to see something that he won't show outside of the convention. It's a no brainer in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Yawn:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Pgibson

Its unfair how the Little Green Men always put on their "Harry Potter Invisibility Cloak" whenever we Astronomers are looking at the sky.

I have known every star-cluster and nebula in the sky almost since childhood.

As do most enthusiastic Astronomers.

I have spent thousands of hours looking at the night sky.

The Little Green Men must know when I'm looking and hide their Flying Saucers in their garage on the far side of the moon.

They seem to prefer the company of Crackpots.

Still no credible reason provided as to why this material is not being put into the public domain.

No reason provided? Who have you asked about it?

Why???

See previous page...

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

Still no credible reason provided as to why this material is not being put into the public domain.

+1

Well then why not contact them and ask rather then whinging on here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭0utpost31

Who do I call so?

Advertisement