Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO seen in Meath by Garda, Politician & Pilot...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

http://www.meathchronicle.ie/articles/1/31815

update on the lantern story.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I love the way they say: "was the highlight of a recent paranormal convention"

• Its not the highlight
    • The convention hasnt happened yet

:D

Wasn't it highlighted at the Carrick on Shannon convention?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

GavinH wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfD8aZpGtNc

is this the footage, if not, was it footage captured elsewhere in Ireland.

G

I does seem to describe what was discussed on this thread, interensting but not conclusive, I would be interested to hear what the video gurus would have to say after some analysis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Let's take the lantern theory onboard.

#1 Would the lanterns be capable of creating a perfect triangle for such a period of time?
    #2 Why would the flame of dead-central lantern a complete different colour to the other flames?
    #3 How did the flames create that effect at the end of the video?

It make very well just be lanterns, but all of the above are perfectly reasonable questions to ask if you take very basic critical thinking onboard.

trianglecy5.jpg

• Advertisement

Well I would definately concur that the still above, or the video it belong to are certainly not lanterns, but then we can't be sure that this is the actual footage recorded on the 3rd. Can a phone camera zoom in and out?

G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Well I would definately concur that the still above, or the video it belong to are certainly not lanterns, but then we can't be sure that this is the actual footage recorded on the 3rd. Can a phone camera zoom in and out?

G

We can't be sure yet, but I'm sure we will find out.

G

Yes, mine can and it's a couple of years old!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's a repost of another video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb2a2qzcuJE
    This is a video was on a cheap camera I found when Hiking in the Smokey Mountains.
    This is all that was on it.

still pretty nice footage

• Advertisement

The thing is... if this woman is so sure the UFO footage is just her Chinese lanterns then why doesn't she release photos of the lanterns.. it was a wedding... I'm sure there were dozens of people taking photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

We must see the original video so we can decide for ourselves. A Sky Lantern would not fire a red beam to the ground. :D

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    We must see the original video so we can decide for ourselves. A Sky Lantern would not fire a red beam to the ground. :D

But if it was a UFO disguised as a Lantern it might just to confuse the issue!

But if it was a UFO disguised as a Lantern it might just to confuse the issue!

Maybe someone was attached to the lantern with a laser pen sherlockzk0.gif

Maybe someone was attached to the lantern with a laser pen sherlockzk0.gif

You might just be on to something there!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

That smilie rocks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Wouldn't like to be the guys who have been talking to solicitors for the last two weeks trying to secure legal ownership of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I do find the fact that they are rotating in a triangle to be rather suspicious behaviour for a bunch of free floating lanterns. Caught in a vortex perhaps? Very odd regardless.

The "laser" can actually be exlained rather easily though. If one of the latern flames hit a large pocket of fuel (or however they work) it could result in a brief flare up which caused lens flare. The way it kind of flickers as it gets brighter looks very much like a flame that suddenly got a boost and then died down again.

As for ownership, no lawyers needed. Whoever shot it automatically owns copyright.

Zillah wrote: »
    I do find the fact that they are rotating in a triangle to be rather suspicious behaviour for a bunch of free floating lanterns. Caught in a vortex perhaps? Very odd regardless.

The "laser" can actually be exlained rather easily though. If one of the latern flames hit a large pocket of fuel (or however they work) it could result in a brief flare up which caused lens flare. The way it kind of flickers as it gets brighter looks very much like a flame that suddenly got a boost and then died down again.

As for ownership, no lawyers needed. Whoever shot it automatically owns copyright.

Have you seen the footage, because its only been shown at a UFO convention so far :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭96offsuit

Have you seen the footage, because its only been shown at a UFO convention so far :confused:

thats correct. the only place to have seen this footage was the ufo convention two weeks ago in carrick on shannon.

• Advertisement

96offsuit wrote: »
    thats correct. the only place to have seen this footage was the ufo convention two weeks ago in carrick on shannon.

OK this is getting confused, 6th can you clarify? Are we talking about the same footage at two conventions or two sets of footage at two conventions?

OK this is getting confused, 6th can you clarify? Are we talking about the same footage at two conventions or two sets of footage at two conventions?
    The same footage will be at our convention.

I guess Zillah was going by the description of the footage and the stills we've seen from it. It doesn't seem to fit with chinese lanterns if what we've heard is true about the footage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

the problem is until we see the footage we cant say. theres no reason in the world why three laterns couldnt form a triangular shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

iamhunted wrote: »
    the problem is until we see the footage we cant say. theres no reason in the world why three laterns couldnt form a triangular shape.

But why would the lanterns, by pure coincidence, create the exact same triangular shape, and colour formation, of 100s of sightings of this UFO throughtout the world? Heck, the thing has even been caught on google maps - search it on youtube!!

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Please read this study; it's quite well researched and everything is backed up with references:
    http://keyholepublishing.com/What_Are_The_Triangles.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Oh wait, sorry, I wasn't paying much attention. I thought we were referring to the video linked by Gavin earlier. Triangular lights with a "laser" like effect at the end, sounded like this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 OneForTheRoad

edit: everything I posted has already been said.

TR-3b military plane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

Dagon wrote: »
    But why would the lanterns, by pure coincidence, create the exact same triangular shape, and colour formation, of 100s of sightings of this UFO throughtout the world? Heck, the thing has even been caught on google maps - search it on youtube!!

ive no idea what way the lights lined up as I havent seen the footage ........ plus the answer could well be "by pure coincidence" ....

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]New Secret Aircraft? The Mysterious TR-3B[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]

October 30, 2003

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]031030.tr_3b1.jpgImage: [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Welcome to the TR-3B:

The F-117A Nighthawk Stealth Fighter was in service for 6 to 8 years before the public was informed. Inside secret military leaks tell us the TR- 3B has been in service since 1994. Sources say witnessing this craft will do one of two things to you. Either make you think you really are just some wayward experiment or turn you against the governments. It's un-earthly technology and sight will literally blow your mind. - The US Patriots
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]
    It has been rumored for years that the military's black operations has perfected incredibly advanced gravity-defying triangular supersecret aerial platforms at least partially derived from ET technology.

Tonight, the world's most exotic and classified aerospace vehicle could be stealthily hovering somewhere over Phoenix, Arizona, Gulf Breeze, Florida, the country of Belgium, or your city. It is known as the TR-3B.
    Science fiction or fact, you ask? High rank military officers detail the astounding government cover-up effected by the MJ-12 committee and reveal for the first time ultra top secret information about alien technology and reverse engineered technology we have developed as a result of the recovered alien artifacts.

The TR-3B is NOT fiction and was built with technology available in the mid- 1980s or earlier. The triangular shaped nuclear powered aerospace platform was developed under the Aurora Program with SDI and black budget monies.

The Aurora Program is a top secret development program for advanced aerospace vehicles and has been responsible for development of the hypersonic strategic reconnaissance SR-75 Penetrator which replaced the SR-71 spy plane, and the SR-74 Scramp, which rides piggy-back the SR- 75.

The tactical reconnaissance TR-3B's first operational flight was in the early 90s. Technology assuredly developed from reverse engineering of recovered alien artifacts and programs such as the SR-74 and SR-75 was used in the TR-3B. At least three of the billion dollar plus TR-3Bs were flying by 1994.

The TR-3B vehicle's outer coating is reactive to electrical stimulation and can change color, reflectiveness, and radar absorptiveness, thus making the vehicle look like a small aircraft or a flying cylinder--or even tricking radar receivers into falsely detecting a variety of aircraft, no aircraft, or several aircraft at various locations.
    A circular, plasma filled accelerator ring called the "Magnetic Field Disrupter" surrounds the rotatable crew compartment and is far ahead of any imaginable technology. Sandia and Livermore laboratories developed the reverse engineered MFD technology. The government will go to any lengths to protect this technology.

The MFD generates a magnetic vortex field that disrupts or neutralizes the effects of gravity on mass within proximity by 89 percent. This is not antigravity. Anti-gravity provides a repulsive force that can be used for propulsion. The MFD creates a disruption of the Earth's gravitational field upon the mass within the circular accelerator.

The mass of the circular accelerator, and all mass within the accelerator, such as the crew capsule and the nuclear reactor, are reduced by almost 90%. This causes the effect of making a vehicle extremely light and

http://www.hostileinvader.com/TR3B.html
    [/FONT]

• Advertisement

Can somebody point me to were i can get one of those chinese lantern's ? They look deadly .

Advertisement