Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO seen in Meath by Garda, Politician & Pilot...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Can somebody point me to were i can get one of those chinese lantern's ? They look deadly .

go to www.ebay.ie and do a search for UFO sky lanterns and fill yer boots :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

actually forget yer skylanterns it could be an RC kite

I saw these flying at night in sinagpore and was completely mesmerized by them. There were about 6 of them doing acrobatics and flying in formation. The 1st few second i saw them i was saying WTF???!!??!
    At night they looked triangular with the lights on them. Was watching them all through dinner on the banks of Clarke Quay. I was going to go over across the river to the guys flying them to see where i could get one but they were gone by the time i finished.
    They looked like this

If people here in ireland saw them flying in the middle of nowhere i guarantee ye that they would be reported as UFO's of the alien type 61.gif

Check out a video here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtFxKP0Z1SQ

Is this the one? looks very real i must admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtFxKP0Z1SQ

Is this the one? looks very real i must admit.

No. That's the other one from the Smokey mountains again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb2a2qzcuJE

The original uploader of that has just updated his description actually...
    (edit 10-09-2008)
    I can not believe how much interest this video has gotten.
    To answer a few questions.
    The camera was NOT a camera phone
    it is a cheap picture camera with video capability. It had no sound.
    It only had a 4meg card in it and the video filled the whole card.
    It was found along a trail near the North Carolina/Tennessee border.
    It was found before the Irish video was announced. I only put it up when I heard about that one because it sounded like the same thing.
    A UFO/Paranormal researcher has the original right now. He said he will put the full higher quality video up this weekend on a website. When he does I will come back and post the link on top of this page.
    I just heard back from the researcher, and he will have a full update for sure this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I'm sure those lanterns things are tied by a rope between a few,saw it on a BBC NI news program about a "Ufo" sighting up there and the presenter said it could be those as they are tied in groups of 3....And cheap camera= Cheap optics could quiet possibly be some form of lens flare....

• Advertisement

Ricky91t wrote: »
    I'm sure those lanterns things are tied by a rope between a few,saw it on a BBC NI news program about a "Ufo" sighting up there and the presenter said it could be those as they are tied in groups of 3....And cheap camera= Cheap optics could quiet possibly be some form of lens flare....

At the end of the day that's what we all believe. UFO's are still a work of fiction as there is still no hard evidence. :(

ANM wrote: »
    Hi there.

I heard this story was broadcast on the news this evening, anyone know which channel or radio station? Thanks

FYI you can get Sky Lanterns from www.skylanterns.com

They are expensive compared to ebay.

Try this dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

don't know if this has mentioned but robert bigelow of hotel nad put an actual blimp in space fame set up a orgnisation to investigate ufo activity and put out report saying that they looked into and the they huge BLIMPs,using elctrokinetic drives not even solid aircraft as such.

http://www.nidsci.org/ bigelow ufo site
    and a suamrry
    http://black-triangles.blogspot.com/2007/03/nids-2002-hypothesis-its-dod-blimp.html

they are just blimps and most sightings are near miltary bases...

theres is old military airport at gormanstown isn't there...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

No. That's the other one from the Smokey mountains again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb2a2qzcuJE

The original uploader of that has just updated his description actually...

fake though.
    http://altnews.blogdig.net/archives/articles/October2008/11/Alleged_Irish_Footage_Posted_To_Internet_Is_Fake.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

looks like one of those rusky planes that have been buzzing uk air space [see other thread]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i saw the footage of this yesterday at the paranormal convention.

I can pretty much confirm that its fake.

And thats because of two reasons.

1. The three lights that make up the ufo in a triangle shape are not fixed, the triangle changes shape constantly throughout the 30 second clip. Which means they are 3 individual objects rather then 3 lights on a single body.

2. The *laser* is very very fake, it seems to be someone put a single frame of a red line going from one of the lights to the bottom of the screen.

Its fake because a) the laser is physically ontop of the video footage, it has no depth, no texture within the overall image and it runs the length of the screen, not the actual distance. for the path of the laser to make sense the camera would have to be physicallu parralel to the ufo. Which obviously from the position of the lights is not true.

and b) its exactly one frame. the laser fires for exactly 1/25th of a second. Now I wouldnt be an expert on lasers, but I am a professional editor and I can tell you if its extactly 1/25th of a second then its articifical. There's no frame of the laser starting, or finishing, its full bright and red for one frame its not there the frame before hand and its gone the frame after. Reality if the laser was slower or faster then the frame rate of the footage you would have realisticly only caught the tail end of the laser just before it hit the ground or if it was slower then 1/25 of a second you would have only got the upper part and more frames with the laser in shot.

If the laser wasnt in the footage, I might have been more willing to believe it could be a ufo, but the laser is so patheticly fake that I cant ignore the faults in the rest of the piece.

Aside from that, the two men giving the talk were very defensive, I dont think its ever a good idea to spend the first 20 minutes of a talk complaining about skeptics.

Also the most damning pieces of evidence are missing:

1. Footage of more then 3 lights. The proof that its not chinease lanterns is that the number of lights seen (12) is higher then the number of lanterns released (4) but the footage only shows 3 lights)

2. The ministers photos of the ufo were also not shown, and its assumed his was the same ufo in the video, it would be a good comparison.

The other photo they showed was good, but we really didnt get enough time to look at it.

Typical

Typical

typical skeptic or typical ufo video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

a load of fraudsters

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Altho i missed the screening of the footage i had a chat with the parapsychologist about it and he didnt make for a convincing argument that it was real!

I also asked him if he experienced many chancers in his line of work (he said that he does therapy sessions for irish abductees) and to my surprise he said he has encountered very few chancers. I would have thought it was the other way around.

Typical UFO video

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

murrayp4 wrote: »
    Typical UFO video

Did it have the standard Jonathan Frakes voiceover?

faceman wrote: »
    Did it have the standard Jonathan Frakes voiceover?
    'Best Evidence Yet'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Anybody read the ireland on sunday?
    They suposedly figured it out
    Chinese lanterns they say

• Advertisement

I'd still like to see the footage though, make my own mind up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

i saw the footage and while I wont say it was fake, I will say I could easily replicate it. I didnt find it convincing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

in the other one with the lightening, the 'ufo' is probably light artifacts caused by the lightening itself

iamhunted wrote: »
    in the other one with the lightening, the 'ufo' is probably light artifacts caused by the lightening itself

Is that the pilot's photo?
    Anywhere we can see that?

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    typical skeptic or typical ufo video?

Who in their right mind actually thought it was real?Whensomeone claims the best footage everyou tend to think " aye right" animlol.gif

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    Who in their right mind actually thought it was real?Whensomeone claims the best footage everyou tend to think " aye right" animlol.gif

To a skeptic no footage is good enough.

I saw the video also. Going by the video alone i cant say its real or not. For somebody to say its fake is just as crazy as somebody saying its real. You just cant tell.

Chinese weather baloons are being added to my list i call the skeptic list......

Sleep paralysis
    Swamp Gas
    No proof
    Chinese Weather Baloons

For somebody to say its fake is just as crazy as somebody saying its real.

I find that a bit unfair :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Bee

To a skeptic no footage is good enough.

I saw the video also. Going by the video alone i cant say its real or not. For somebody to say its fake is just as crazy as somebody saying its real. You just cant tell.

Chinese weather baloons are being added to my list i call the skeptic list......

Sleep paralysis
    Swamp Gas
    No proof
    Chinese Weather Baloons

I agree, to present the footage as evidence is useless

To have people with no vested interest explaining that they released Chinese Lanterns at the time of footage being taken is evidence.

On the balance of probabilities I would have to agree that it is wishful thinking by the UFO believers rather than a good examination of real evidence.

Lights in the sky were filmed, look for a mundane source, there is one available the couple releasing the lanterns.

It's a little sad that the UFO folk take have taken a quasi religious view and refuse to accept the mundane answer without any real evidence of a true UFO

Unfortunatly it brings Ufology into disrepute when Ufonut type beliefs are given publicity and useless video footage that is easily discounted is produced as"evidence"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭blue42

:rolleyes:to the believer no evidence is necessary......
    to the skeptic no amount of evidence is enough!!

• Advertisement

Bee wrote: »
    Unfortunatly it brings Ufology into disrepute when Ufonut type beliefs are given publicity and useless video footage that is easily discounted is produced as"evidence"

I spoke to the guys at the convention and they didnt seem to be the type of guys to jump on th alien story. I asked them what they thought it was and they replied it could be secret military craft. If so it shouldnt be there in the first place.
    Going by the witness a Garda. There were 3 of them and he only got to film the 3rd one .

Advertisement