Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO seen in Meath by Garda, Politician & Pilot...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

Scruff wrote: »
    Either that or it was attached to a chinese lantern and floated off on the wind.
    I looked in the Recycle Bin and did a full search but its mysteriously vanished :eek:
    I know this is the place where strange happenings dont often get fully explained but I would like to know why this thread inexplicably disappeared?

it would be interesting to see the footage none the less

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

It descended into name calling and then into legal threats (not at us or you would have seen our usual, much stronger, response). Its been isolated (quarantined?) in case its ever called for in court (that is our responsibility) but I suspect it has run its course.

My personal input on it is that it has a considerable number of questions surrounding the video and the way it has been handled.

I will add one of my own. I have a reasonable understanding of the physics of "lasers" and any that I have seen were invisible until defracted by particle matter in the air. (smoke, dry ice etc).They were never scattered in a perfect column because of brownian motion of particles rarely allows for that so the idea of seeing a direct laser from top to bottom seems unlikely to say the least. It could be something else of course but I dont believe it is a laser.

Further discussion of the parentage of those involved, their noctural employment or their resemblance to farm yard animals is.... ill advised.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

CiaranC wrote: »
    Invested? What cant of return were you expecting?

A 20% return on my post count of course!
    DeVore wrote: »
    It descended into name calling and then into legal threats (not at us or you would have seen our usual, much stronger, response). Its been isolated (quarantined?) in case its ever called for in court (that is our responsibility) but I suspect it has run its course.

My personal input on it is that it has a considerable number of questions surrounding the video and the way it has been handled.

I will add one of my own. I have a reasonable understanding of the physics of "lasers" and any that I have seen were invisible until defracted by particle matter in the air. (smoke, dry ice etc).They were never scattered in a perfect column because of brownian motion of particles rarely allows for that so the idea of seeing a direct laser from top to bottom seems unlikely to say the least. It could be something else of course but I dont believe it is a laser.

Further discussion of the parentage of those involved, their noctural employment or their resemblance to farm yard animals is.... ill advised.

DeV.

Thanks Dev. I didn't realise it had gone that far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

6th wrote: »
    Again you lack the ability to grasp the basics. It wasnt their convention and the event itself could hardly be called a "so called" anything ... then again you're basing your opinion on not having seen the footage and not have been at the convention. :rolleyes:

fair point. i havent seen the footage, just the bitmaps that were posted.

is the footage going to be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

EIN wrote: »
    fair point. i havent seen the footage, just the bitmaps that were posted.

is the footage going to be released?

No. He stated at our convention that he will only be showing it at conventions and talks in future. It won't be released online or shown on TV.

Make of that what you will...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Thread re-opened for now.

A few ground rules.

Noone is to be called a liar in this thread. READ THE CHARTER!!!!

M&MJ is banned from this forum and the contribution by that person is no longer to be discussed.

The discussion is to remain on topic, that is discussion of the incident itself.

I apologize to anyone whose postcount was injured in this process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

to see the video footage type in UFO BLOG on google and click that one UFO BLOG. not a very good video as it's a dark night cant distinguish a shape just because theres a triangle shape made by the lights doesn't mean its proper shape is triangle. not interested in these nightime shots as it could easily be faked.

zenno wrote: »
    to see the video footage type in UFO BLOG on google and click that one UFO BLOG. not a very good video as it's a dark night cant distinguish a shape just because theres a triangle shape made by the lights doesn't mean its proper shape is triangle. not interested in these nightime shots as it could easily be faked.
    That's not the footage.

If you read either that blog entry or this thread you would know that.

That's not the footage.

If you read either that blog entry or this thread you would know that.

quote=monkeyfudge No. He stated at our convention that he will only be showing it at conventions and talks in future. It won't be released online or shown on TV.
    well that has all the hallmarks of a fake. the first thing you do with video footage of a ufo is get it up on the web or tv so everyone can decide themselfs weather it's fake or not. who's hiding the information from the public now. sounds very bogey to me.

Well his argument was that once it's online that people will try and obstruct it by flooding the internet with fakes. I demonstrated why the footage you just mentioned isn't the real footage over a week ago in this thread, and yet it keeps cropping back up in here.

Why people would put up fake footage pretending to be other footage is something I don't understand... but it is widespread... look at how many versions of the Peckman footage are out there claiming to be the real thing.

So he's holding the footage back. If you see footage on the internet, then it's not it. We had to watch very carefully on saturday to make sure no one was trying to film his talk as he wouldn't go on otherwise.

I'm not defending his decision or the footage though. That's just his reasoning behind it.

• Advertisement

Well his argument was that once it's online that people will try and obstruct it by flooding the internet with fakes. I demonstrated why the footage you just mentioned isn't the real footage over a week ago in this thread, and yet it keeps cropping back up in here.

Why people would put up fake footage pretending to be other footage is something I don't understand... but it is widespread... look at how many versions of the Peckman footage are out there claiming to be the real thing.

So he's holding the footage back. If you see footage on the internet, then it's not it. We had to watch very carefully on saturday to make sure no one was trying to film his talk as he wouldn't go on otherwise.

I'm not defending his decision or the footage though. That's just his reasoning behind it.

umm i don't really have the time to go through the last week of posts but thats interesting that you seem sure it's not the same footage because i seen the exact same footage on the tv monday morning at approx 7:45 i think it was a tv3 repeat though. ok so how are we going to be able to see the propper footage then looks like we won't

Here's the original upload of that video onto YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb2a2qzcuJE

The description has just been updated again and now admits that it's a fake.
    UPDATED ON 10-12-2008 click more info
    This is a fake UFO. (created by Jeff Wilson of Morristown, Tennessee) This was done to give researchers an information on how to spot hoaxes. see http://ufocontest.com/
    and http://speakingofstrange.com/ for full details.
    The craft was a large black triangle that was lifted in the air with a 14ft diameter advertising helium balloon.
    it weighed about 10 pounds and as saw in the video it included 3 bright red leds light pods on each corner, a 200mw stage laser, 3 blue led's inside light defusing glass on the rear, and a 4 stage round Electroluminescent (also known as EL)light in the center.
    It was about 400 feet in the air at night in the mountains outside Asheville, NC. There was stars out but they DID not show up on the video.

We put this video up to show people how sometimes videos can be deceiving.
    This Video and the annual contest was discussed on Coast to Coast AM.
    Joshua was on the show last night 10-11-08 and prior to the contest this past August Joshua and Jeff Wilson (the creator of this craft) were on discussing it.
    Anyone interested in participating in the contest or watching it 1st hand next year should check out the website for more information.

It is just a coincidence that this craft in this video looked like the one that was reported in Ireland. This video was filmed in August of 2007

This is a video was on a cheap camera I found when Hiking in the Smokey Mountains.
    This is all that was on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

where my post gone, about it being on rte, i don't know why we can't call people liars and fraudsters its paranormal stuff ffs, i;d be delighted to take em to court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

where my post gone, about it being on rte, i don't know why we can't call people liars and fraudsters its paranormal stuff ffs, i;d be delighted to take em to court.

lostexpectation banned for 1 month.

If anyone else thinks they can ignore the charter and my instructions, they can join him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

<snip>

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The rules are as GuanYin stated above, there is to be no further discussion on this matter on this thread, or this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

stevenmu wrote: »
    The rules are as GuanYin stated above, there is to be no further discussion on this matter on this thread, or this forum.

In that case to be honest, maybe this thread should stay here but be locked, as I don't see much point in discussing this further without being able to make reference to certain posts / people.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Is there a podcast available of Carls workshop at the paracon? I missed the talk.

Oryx wrote: »
    Is there a podcast available of Carls workshop at the paracon? I missed the talk.

All my audio was recorded into the camera that we had there on the day.

Since we weren't allowed have cameras in the room there was no audio recorded and I didn't have time to make other arrangements.

I think peoples previous comments here about the talk are spot on though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Discussion on the incident, of course. But surely that includes people voicing their opinions/frustration on why said incident is pretty much nothing more than a person saying "I have footage, it is great. You can't see it"

Of course, libelous slander isn't allowed, but surely we can still "call out", if that is the correct term, the person in question. Surely we can still voice our concerns as to why the person hasn't released the footage into the pubic domain?

If not, then fair enough, the thread might as well be locked. But I think more detail on the ground rules for discussing this incident should be posted before anyone else gets stung with a ban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Noopti, have you tried asking Carl Nally can you see the footage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

No I haven't.
    Why? Simply because I feel the only time his footage is worth is the few minutes it takes to discuss it on this board.
    I don't feel it is worth me wasting money, journeys to wherever etc in order to see footage which I highly doubt to be what it has been advertised to be.

My grievance is with the manner in which this has been dealt, releasing info to the press about having such great footage and then not showing it to anyone, unless they go to him. I don't care about the footage tbh, I am frustrated by the manner in which it has/has not been presented to the public.

I am not frustrated because I haven't seen it. To be truthful, I don't care if I ever see it at this stage. It annoys me when people deal with situations like he has, because it just casts a suspicious shadow on all people who are trying to understand and get to the bottom of such mysteries.
    Surely his motive should be to try and explain/prove the existence of such objects to the wider public? From his actions, it would appear otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

its not worth watching tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Pgibson

iamhunted wrote: »
    the problem is until we see the footage we cant say. theres no reason in the world why three laterns couldnt form a triangular shape.

What OTHER shape could three moving points of light form?

Apart from a straight line!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

*moving* is the operative word. what other shape? I dunno - any shape at all, as they are *moving* (theres that word again).

did I just completely miss the whole point of your question?

I'm sure if people want to see the footage then they can. Christ the internet has made people lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

I thought the internet made media and information more accessible :confused:
    Lazy is only a biproduct.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Actually, would someone go and watch it for me and tell me what I think.

Hold on, I'm just gonna order a pizza online :D

• Advertisement

iamhunted wrote: »
    its not worth watching tbh

Yep. Rent Close Encounters of the Third Kind instead... it's a lot more impressive.

Going through some of the footage we filmed on the day here. We have got an interview with Carl Nally at his stand where he explains himself. I'll see if I can get that up by tomorrow.

Advertisement