Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planting Espelliared apple tree

Options
  • 29-09-2008 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi All,

I'm a newbie to boards. Cap in hand, is there any chance ye gardening gurus out there can provide me with some much needed advice?

I have two fine apple trees that I bought in Aldi about three years ago. (great crop this year btw) I planted them into their own large pot & trained them in an esplliar against a west facing wall.

Here are my questions as I would like to plant them in this postion permanently.

should I be worried about the foundations of the wall, can the tree scupper these in any way?

How far from the wall should I plant the trees?

when people say that fruit trees need good drainage, what is this exactly; Loads of sand in the bottom of the hole or what?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Roy

Advertisement