Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Convert Jpeg to word document and editing

• 29-09-2008 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

I have one appliication form to fill out but its iscanned as jpeg file,how to convert it so i can edit it and edit by typing all infos i need in it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm not sure if this will help but you can import the picture into a Word document by creating a new Word document and selecting Insert->Picture->From File... from the main menu.

Then you can do Insert->Textbox to add a text box that you can type text into. Position it on top of your picture and you should be all set.

I am using Word 2003 so the menu commands might not be the same for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

It seems its not working but thanks for trying

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You can open up Paint (it on the start menu under accessories) and then edit the image adding text to it.

Having the form as a jpeg probably isnt the best,can it not be downloaded as a pdf or filled in online?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

It's pretty much impossible unless you do as Axwell said and use Paint to add textboxs with your answers. Not possible to import a jpeg into another program allowing you to just add your answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 reidyj

I done a funny work about on this a while back but memory is hazy so ill just give you the gist of it. Ig you have office document image writer select that when you go to print it. Then open the file you create and there is an option to convert to editable text. You will prob loose a lot of the formatting though

• Advertisement

Well if jpeg format is bad its not a problem to convert this file to pdf if that will help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I have one appliication form to fill out but its iscanned as jpeg file,how to convert it so i can edit it and edit by typing all infos i need in it?
    Maybe they want you to fill it out by hand, so that they can see how good / crappy your handwriting is?

Alun wrote: »
    Maybe they want you to fill it out by hand, so that they can see how good / crappy your handwriting is?

This supose to be some joke?

Anyway i just tryed to do this filling out with Corel and it goes very good,so if anyone needs to do same thing sometimes just to know Corel can do fantastic job,without converting or anything

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

If you know your way around Microsoft Publisher or similar:

1. Paste the Jpeg into a blank page
    2. Create text boxes (using the "create Text Box tool") that can be typed into and insert the text you need to incorportate.
    (Dragging the created text boxes to their necessary relevant positions)

Biggins wrote: »
    If you know your way around Microsoft Publisher or similar:

1. Paste the Jpeg into a blank page
    2. Create text boxes (using the "create Text Box tool") that can be typed into and insert the text you need to incorportate.
    (Dragging the created text boxes to their necessary relevant positions)

Yep,i just did same thing with Corel Draw,thanks for trying to help anyway dude:)

• Advertisement

This supose to be some joke?
    No, not at all, why should it? No need to get so tetchy. I've come across many instances of employers, particularly public sector ones, who insist on job application forms being filled out by hand. If they'd wanted you to fill it out electronically, they'd have sent it to you in a suitable format I imagine.

No, not at all, why should it? No need to get so tetchy. I've come across many instances of employers, particularly public sector ones, who insist on job application forms being filled out by hand. If they'd wanted you to fill it out electronically, they'd have sent it to you in a suitable format I imagine.

This application isnt mine,guy brought me 2 papers and said they sent him that thing and on the papers says its required to be filled over pc or typing machine,not allowed to fill it by hand,weird but i dont know why is it like this

This application isnt mine,guy brought me 2 papers and said they sent him that thing and on the papers says its required to be filled over pc or typing machine,not allowed to fill it by hand,weird but i dont know why is it like this
    Maybe it was intended as a test of your friend's ingenuity then :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Did you check where your friend got them from to make sure you cant just filll them in online? I find it unlikely that they put the form up there in jpeg format to begin with asking people to fill them in.

Maybe it was intended as a test of your friend's ingenuity then :)

haha i dont know
    Axwell wrote: »
    Did you check where your friend got them from to make sure you cant just filll them in online? I find it unlikely that they put the form up there in jpeg format to begin with asking people to fill them in.

I dont know,and tbh i dont care,i filled that thing out with corel draw,it looks good and i already gave them to him:D

Advertisement