Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone Solar Power?

• 29-09-2008 10:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

Hey

I am heading off traveling soon & im wonderin if any of the solar powerd chargers are any use?

Hav you guys any experiance with them? Good/Bad?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Nah ... it's just another thing to get nicked. And it means you'd have to have the phone out on display during the day.

A regular charger so you can charge it in the privacy of your room (at night time!) would be a much better idea.

Better still, leave the phone at home altogether!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Gonna use it as an mp3 player as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

I have been thinking about getting one of these

http://www.noonsolar.com/collection/logan

Expensive but nice!

Where are you travelling to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

around south america on a bus

• Advertisement

Hahaha, then you're MAD!! :D

Listen ... you're planning to bring a 400 euro phone with you which you'll have to mind like a baby, plus another expensive (pretty useless) gadget which you'll use to charge the phone in broad daylight! You're asking for it!! You're going to have to bring a regular charger anyway because if you're travelling during the day, you can't use the solar one anyway!

If you want an mp3 player, buy a cheapy 30 quid one ... petty crime is rife (i've been there, and was robbed twice, and I'd consider myself fairly careful).

Advertisement