Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wcf: authenticationservice suddenly unable to connect

Options
  • 29-09-2008 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am developing a silverlight application that uses wcf webservices including the authenticationservice (system.web.applicationservices.autheticationservice)

Suddenly I am getting an error on all versions of the application stating that the target machine actively refused the connection. I get a 404 if I try running the application and the more detailed error when I try updating it in VS. The target machine is the same machine that the application is on. I guess it must be something to do with the configuration of the machine being changed in some way.
    Does anyone know what the problem could be. Any help would be appreciated. Have a meeting at 4 about this application
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I tried adding a new servicereference.

I got an error. Here is an excerpt from it:

LOG: DisplayName = App_Web_moxej2kp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    (Fully-specified)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Users/Peter/Documents/Visual Studio 2008/Projects/3.integrating user defined objects/project_web/
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\3.integrating user defined objects\project_Web\bin
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===
    LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
    LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\3.integrating user defined objects\project_Web\web.config
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    LOG: The same bind was seen before, and was failed with hr = 0x80070002.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Ok I deleted the content of the bin directory on the web project. Then I pasted the same files from the previous version (also broken) in. Now it works. No idea why though - or even if that is what fixed it. Anyone know what was going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Run Fuslogvw and check why the bind failed.

Could be as simple as the old assemblies were out of date and couldnt be refreshed for the bind to work

Advertisement