Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Caddy hard to start

Options
  • 29-09-2008 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Lads,

My 05 VW Caddy is very hard to start after a long spin when the engine is warm. I don't have a problem with a cold start. Any ideas??

Regards,

Jonty

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

When was the last time it got a service?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

Jonty wrote: »
    Lads,

My 05 VW Caddy is very hard to start after a long spin when the engine is warm. I don't have a problem with a cold start. Any ideas??

Regards,

Jonty

Had the same issue with a golf tdi, mechanic said that it could be the fuel pump and that I didn't want to know. i changed the filter however and it improved a little, then I sold the car. Apparently if there are air bubbles in the fuel line from the filter to the pump then the pump is on its way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

When was the last time it got a service?

5000kms ago

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Could be the pump, could be a temperature sensor fault and it could be a number of other things too.

I'd say your best bet is to have it hooked up to a diagnosis tool to see if there are any discrepancies on any of the sensor readings.

Advertisement