Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeps

Options
  • 29-09-2008 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭

Walking past a warcamp at tier 2 yesterday I saw the guts of 30 Order characters from a Guild walking around. Considering we never have any keeps, flags etc I pretty much saw what was going to happen and asked for a invite for me and my 3 mates.

I'm not going to bore you with the details but I noticed a few things.

Assaulting one of the keeps, I hit a hero once. That's it, that's all I did for the entire assault. I'm a lvl 14 tank, not really much good at anything atm involving lvl 20 champs/heros. Considering my epic involement in the whole thing, its seemed very odd that I placed first in the contribution table. Before the random roll. From one hit. I always knew that system was a pile of crap, but that just proves it.

Secondly, after taking the two keeps at tier 2 in the human territory things turned ugly. On top of one keep(straight after taking it) I counted 100 Destruction players outside assaulting it. What scared me is that there wasn't a single player below 20, there were close to 40 waiting at the back entrance(mate was trying to get back in) and they had already at this point broken through the door and were assaulting the keep lord with close to 30 order in the room with them. At final count I would have said 150+ had come back to reclaim the keep. If its the case now, what's going to happen at end game? Is the imbalance in sides really that bad and what impact will this have at 40 considering the game revolves are RVR?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

If its the case now, what's going to happen at end game? Is the imbalance in sides really that bad and what impact will this have at 40 considering the game revolves are RVR?

I see your point but I wouldnt worry to much about it for the moment. Coming from Albion in Daoc we use to see this alot at the start. The Albion Zerg! but what you see happening after a while is that people move over to Order (in this case) after a while to farm the amount of Destro. people and/or you see very highly focused RVR Order guilds forming who also farm the Destro people.

The regular destruction people who get use to running in zergs have no skills in FG v FG (Full Group) fights so they just get owned. While the Order RVR people get more and more RP they also get stronger \ better \ efficent at fighting so people think that Order have it easy and more people transfer to Order from Destro.

Bottom line after a while it all balances out.

The big RVR guilds want to be outnumbered so they have more people to fight, a better challange, more RPs etc.

Thats what I think anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Considering the numbers though, a full warband is what?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Considering the numbers though, a full warband is what?

A full warband is 24. To get 150 players like that needs at least a few guilds to make a coordinated effort.

Advertisement