Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our much loved family pet is missing, please help us find her.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I am absolutely thrilled for you and Princess. She is one lucky girl and obviously failed to 'impress' her kidnappers! :D

I'm thrilled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

:DExcellent news!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

Fantastic news! Congrats on the reunion!

Have a wonderful wedding day now without the worry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

That's fantastic news :D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ValleyoftheDoll

I've been following this story, and am delighted that Princess came home safely, Congratulations :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Hey everyone,

This is Princess. Mammy and Daddy told me that you have all been praying and sending happy wishes our way, well they worked!

Mammy got a phone call around noon from Lorna at DSPCA on Mount Venus in Dublin. Lorna had received a photo of me from Mammy (one of hundreds of emails Mammy sent!) and when Lorna saw me she called Mammy straight away.

A nice lady called Linda found me in Tallaght yesterday and she brought me home with her and gave me some food and drink, then she brought me into the DSPCA.

When Lorna called Mammy, both Mammy and Daddy started to cry they were so happy and relived. They knew I’d come home but as the days went by they worried more and more about me and what was happening to me. I’ve lost a lot of weight and my shiny black coat was very dirty, dull and beginning to go brown because I wasn’t getting any nutrition.

The funny thing is my Mammy’s best friend, Mari went to Balinasloe to help look for me there and I was found only 5 minutes away from Mari’s house in front of the shop where Mari does her shopping! On the way home we dropped by Linda’s and Mark’s (the lady who found me) house, we gave them some flowers and chocolates, I think Mammy scared Linda cause when she opened her door Mammy was stood there in tears and then she gave Linda a big hug!

I’ve had a bath and Mammy made me some yumyum chicken & rice for dinner and now I’m going to curl up beside the fire and sleep for the rest of the week! Daddy said I’m having steak tomorrow, I can’t wait.

Mammy and Daddy said that we’re never going to be out of their sight again, there goes my digging holes in the garden again anyway.

Thank you all for being so supportive and kind, we all appreciate it very much.

Lots of doggie kisses,

Princess

PS
    Remember that Halloween is coming soon so keep all your doggies in doors!

Ah jaysus, that'd bring a tear to a glass eye...

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

Great news! Alls well that ends well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Fantastic! One lucky girl...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭beth-lou

Great news! I'm so delighted for you. It really is heartbreaking to lose and dog, but to find her again is incredible. I have both lost and found a dog so I know how you must be feeling and I am so happy for you, your future husband and of course the girl herself, Princess! Such a releif that she was found safe and sound and fair play to you for all your efforts to find her. They certainly paid off. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Must have been WOOF for the poor girl :p

I'm delighted you've got her back, and now that you've found us why not stick around!.

Btw, best of luck with the wedding and I hope you all have a very happy and long life together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I don't like you anymore, you made me cry. I'm so so happy for you, that your family are back together.

I'm off down stairs to give my rusty a great big hug and kiss!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Awwww what fantastic news, congratulations!!!!!!

I hope you all have a fantastic day on your wedding!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Roscrea SPCA

Thank you all again!

I was hoping last night that after 9 days of crying I was all cried out and that I’d get through the wedding without a tear, then this morning when we were outside and she was running and playing I started balling again!

Now I’m off to take down a whole lot of posters!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

That is so fantastic - well done on you for all your hard work in looking for Princess! She truly is a lucky dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭~Thalia~

Thank you all again!

I was hoping last night that after 9 days of crying I was all cried out and that I’d get through the wedding without a tear, then this morning when we were outside and she was running and playing I started balling again!

Now I’m off to take down a whole lot of posters!

I am just DELIGHTED! That is fantastic news. If only she could talk and tell you all about what happened to her eh?

Absolutely wonderful news! :D

Now, tell us, what will Princess be wearing to the wedding? :p;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

YAY!!!!!! I am DELIGHTED to hear this - such a happy ending and so well deserved - if only more dog owners were prepared to go to the lengths you did to find a lost pet.

OT, but I think the Ballinasloe Fair is an absolute disgrace - the Irish Independent had a reporter down there last year who was assaulted when she confronted some of the "traders" about the state of their animals. The ISPCA have a presence there but in reality, can do f*ck all because A) they've no statutory powers and B) would also have the tar kicked out of them if they tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Mairt wrote: »
    I'm delighted you've got her back, and now that you've found us why not stick around!.

Yeah, we'd love some updates on how she is getting on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭clofty

I am soooo happy for you. The person who picked her up is an angel.

Just goes to show that their are decent people out there.

Brought Princess to our vet this morning, even though she had been checked out in Dublin (a few scrapes, sore throat from barking and underweight, nothing some TLC won’t cure). On the way home I stopped in the town to put a letter in the letterbox, I put my head in the PO door to tell them to take her poster down. As I’m stood in the door, not 5 feet from my car where Princess is sat smiling out at me, a lady goes running into the butchers next door shouting that she found the stolen dog in a car outside. The butcher comes running out to the car as the shouting lady is grabbing the poster from the butcher’s door to call me! I think we’ll have to bring her papers with us when we go out for walks for fear of someone jumping on us to save her!

Just goes to show folks, if you are unfortunate enough to have a pet go missing, print as many posters and get them up in as many places as possible, keep the image of your pet in everyone’s face.

Also, if you find a pet wandering around, please report it. The lady who picked Princess up told me that she was going to keep her only her own dog was not happy about the idea. If someone hangs onto an animal they find no amount of microchipping or reporting it to the police or pounds will help.

The Laois Nationalist was going to run an article in their paper today to help find Princess. Because we called them yesterday to tell them she was found, they ran an article about her anyway, she made the front page! “Joy for Teresa as Princess comes home” What an understatement!

Thats really great news all round.

I haven't been down in your part of the world since a mate died down there (Fintan Egan, we served in the army together) . But its a lovely part of the country and I could just imagine how the people would have gathered to help you.

Any full sized photos of Princess?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭liam1204

thats great news Roscrea SPCA
    i heard a couple talking about Princess in my local park last sunday. she is a bit of a celebrity ye know. any chance you can post another photo of her back now that she's back home.

Hi all,

Here are a couple of photos of her. One outside with her sister Sophie getting ready for a little walk, you can see how thin she got, she always had more padding on her than Sophie. The other photo is of her on her bed in the kitchen, her ears are usually up and she her eyes sparkling. Hopefully when the cuts on her ears heal and she realises that she is safe now she will get her spirit back.

Where was that park liam1204? She made the front page of the Laois Nationalist yesterday and the Portlaoise Linkup emailed me today, they are also running a story on her. She’s here beside me now licking her cuts and quite oblivious to her fame LOL

Teresa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Any ideas how she got from Roscrea to Dublin???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭~Thalia~

Hi all,

Here are a couple of photos of her. One outside with her sister Sophie getting ready for a little walk, you can see how thin she got, she always had more padding on her than Sophie. The other photo is of her on her bed in the kitchen, her ears are usually up and she her eyes sparkling. Hopefully when the cuts on her ears heal and she realises that she is safe now she will get her spirit back.

Where was that park liam1204? She made the front page of the Laois Nationalist yesterday and the Portlaoise Linkup emailed me today, they are also running a story on her. She’s here beside me now licking her cuts and quite oblivious to her fame LOL

Teresa

love love LOVE how she has he little paws crossed in the first pic! :p:D

She does look so thin in the second pic, can't imagine what she must have been through and how delighted ye must be to have her back! :) Well done on your persistance! Will be keeping an eye out for ye on six-1! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

So happy for you, your husband to be and of course Princess. All the best for your wedding :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭liam1204

Hi all,

Teresa

it was in my local park in lucan, west dublin. if i see them this w/end i'll tell them princess is home.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

WOW so delighted Princess is back safely .Publicity helps it brought a tear to my eyes.Does anyone know if Lily the lurcher was ever found ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Great news that you got her back!

I received a call on Thursday that Princess was on the beach in Wexford, someone called me yesterday morning that she was seen near Belfast and another call last night that she was in Dundalk!

If anyone sees any of her posters around can you take then down for us please? One of the ladies yesterday got annoyed with me that I hadn’t taken the poster down yet, I don’t think she understood that I was about 200 kms away. So many people were so nice in putting the posters up I have no idea how many are still up and where they are!

Thanks again,

Teresa

• Advertisement

I received a call on Thursday that Princess was on the beach in Wexford, someone called me yesterday morning that she was seen near Belfast and another call last night that she was in Dundalk!

I seen her with Elvis and Bruce Lee on Portmarnock Beach this morning.

:pac:

Advertisement