Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of o2, moving to Vodafone

• 29-09-2008 1:24pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭

After a great number of loyal years to o2 i have had enough of their poor customer service and inability to deal with non scripted customer issues.

Therefore Im going to change operators. Im a pay monthly customer on the 175 package with o2, with the 250mb data add on and a €2 per month supplement for making UK calls.

Is it worth my while from both a financial and customer service perspective to Vodafone?

I use a jailbroken iphone (Im not on an o2 iphone contract), presumably i wont have any issues on the Vodafone network?

Any advice is appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What's the non scripted problems you talk about...?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 horsenaughton

every company the same they screw you once you join them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What's the non scripted problems you talk about...?

exactly, o2 customer dont have a script to read from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

maybe they had to repeat the same sentence over and over again until you got the message?! never came across any scripted agent in O2. Or are you talking about Three Mumbai?

i want an upgrade!
    sorry sir //agent explains the new o2 policy in lenghts//
    i want an upgrade!
    i want an upgrade!
    i want an upgrade!
    you are not entiteled.
    i want an upgrade!
    you are not entiteled.
    i want an upgrade!
    you are not entiteled.
    i want an upgrade!
    you are not entiteled.
    i want an upgrade!
    you are not entiteled.
    i want an upgrade!
    you are not entiteled.
    agent hangs up...timewaster!

I've worked in tech support once and sometimes had to use simple three-word-sentences to explain things...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

maybe they had to repeat the same sentence over and over again until you got the message?! never came across any scripted agent in O2. Or are you talking about Three Mumbai?

i want an upgrade!
    i want an upgrade!
    i want an upgrade!
    i want an upgrade!
    you are not entiteled.
    i want an upgrade!
    you are not entiteled.
    i want an upgrade!
    you are not entiteled.
    i want an upgrade!
    you are not entiteled.
    i want an upgrade!
    you are not entiteled.
    i want an upgrade!
    you are not entiteled.
    agent hangs up...timewaster!

I've worked in tech support once and sometimes had to use simple three-word-sentences to explain things...

Haha I like the edit!

• Advertisement

What Network are most of those that you call on? You can check it online or on your bill

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

basically i had 2 issues with o2 this year.

One was in relation to the package i was on and they couldnt give me a satisfactory answer.

The second relates to phone insurance and their inability to refund amounts they debited in error. They dont seem to know how to reply to emails and when they do, the answers arent always the ones for the questions you ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

faceman wrote: »
    One was in relation to the package i was on and they couldnt give me a satisfactory answer.

What was the question or was it a request:rolleyes:, price plans are fairly straight forward, surley 02 know their own price plans inside out?

You have it fairly handy, wish I got a satisfactory answer every time I called 3, but i'm not paying a premium for friendly customer care so it dosen't bother me that much...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

TBH, depending on what you expect, you might not get it from Vodafone either. I've been on Vodafone for years and they piss me off to the extreme sometimes - calling them on anything is useless, as they read off completely irrelevant scripts and overall service isn't that great once they have you. I have a 1st gen. iPhone as well but I only got the data add-on this month so it won't activate until the 7th of October - everything else is fine using the phone on Vodafone's network...

The problem is, I don't see any benefit of moving either, as once an operator has you in a contract, they don't give a f**k - I had Meteor for a year and it sucked and I have no intention of moving to O2 (3 is not even an option with a 1st gen. iPhone so they're out by default).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Iv found both o2 and Vodafone have excellent customer service, but Voda wants more business customers rather then your average joe so. They probably are the most expensive network out there, but are usually reliable as are o2 (so I have found). From chatting with o2 support, I dont think they have scripted responses. They are able to properly answer any question I put forward, including stuff that might not be on the script.

Sounds like you had a bad experience, or are not understanding them fully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

To be fair to o2 CC i have always found them spot on, I've called them on and off for years now and have never had a problem with them.

If you want scripted ring SKY - straight to Bangalore - Herow, in order to protect the privacy of this account i can only speak to the account holder..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Im with vodafone for the past 7 months. Coming from 3, I'd had the usual crap from customer service. Have had amazing experience with vodafone. Last month, 6 months into my contract, I decided I wanted an iphone, and legit, so i'd take the hit of a cancellation fee with vodafone. Called them up and said i wanted to cancel my contract, expecting to pay my €29 a month for 6 months. The customer service guy said the cancellation fee is only 15.70 per month no matter what the price plan, and asked no questions as to why i was leaving (unlike 3, wouldnt shut up.)

So the guy moved me straight over to ready to go (so i could keep my number) and off i went to look for a new iphone. I then read all about what was happening with o2 treating their customers like shyte, so i panicked and backed out. After a week i decided, screw it, ill get an unlocked one from italy or somewhere. So i called vodafone and asked what the story was with re-joining as a bill paying customer. Was it a new contract deal and did i have to buy a handset etc.? The guy checked my records and made some calls to different depts, and then said he can put me back to where I was on my contract and credit the cancellation fee which had already gone through.

I dunno, maybe its standard, but I thought that was pretty good. Most would just say "you have to start a new contract" or "you cant re-join within 6 months" etc... Just my 2cents, I'd definitely recommend them.

Have to say, and people take note cos it's not often that i give o2 credit but they really are great for customer service as are vodafone, i think vodafone are the best network though and i'd rather sign a contract with vodafone than o2 as i feel much more confident with vodafone. Might have been a mad day for o2 CC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Vodafone have better customer service (slightly) and voice coverage (not data - where o2 data is the best of a bad lot imo) - so just once you are prepared to pay the premium of a higher bill I guess you will get a better service.

I was a vodafone customer for ten years - moved to 3 - after repeatedly asking vodafone customer care to provide me with a plan that matched o2 or meteor or 3 - and never getting a proper answer to my question.

Anyway my bill now is literally half - what it was (50 euro as opposed to 100)
    My work mobile is with Vodafone - and from what I can see they are still as expensive.
    3's customer care is terrible btw
    - thinking of moving to o2 voice - as I have an o2 data modem and I find them okay - and on paper o2s new voice plans look as cheap as 3's

Vodafone are doing taylor made packages for customers who are sole traders. Not sure the ins or outs so ring them if you want but as someone said they're dearer, they can be but as I say to people I rather pay for a decent service than a dodgy service at a lower price, Compare 02 and vodafone prices too- on vodafone they match your minutes with texts which o2 dont, on PC 200 you can take free vodafone anytime calls/ free vodafone anytime texts and on PC 400 and PC 600 you get free calls and texts to all vodafone numbers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Vodafone are doing taylor made packages for customers who are sole traders. Not sure the ins or outs so ring them if you want but as someone said they're dearer, they can be but as I say to people I rather pay for a decent service than a dodgy service at a lower price, Compare 02 and vodafone prices too- on vodafone they match your minutes with texts which o2 dont, on PC 200 you can take free vodafone anytime calls/ free vodafone anytime texts and on PC 400 and PC 600 you get free calls and texts to all vodafone numbers!

Some fair points - my suggestion to the poster would be - take your last o2 bill and price it against 3 and O2. You can't evaluate how good a customer service team is until you experience it in a given circumstance - however before you switch - just make sure that you dont get an unpleasant surprise money wise !

Personally I have a 3 handset - (personal), Vodafone handset (work), vodafone data modem (work) - and o2 data modem (personal) - and I would say that theres not much difference on the customer service level between vodafone and o2 (3 have't been good in my experience).

Voice Service - Vodafone and 3 are on a par - O2's and Meteors coverage is below this.

Roaming - Vodafone is the best option when outside of the UK -both voice and data

Data Service - O2 coverage is significantly better than Vodafones and 3's

Pricing - Vodafone most expensive on most options that I have experienced - O2 and 3 and Meteor cheapest for various different options.

Anyways these are just my opinions - All I would say is that none of the operators will give you a perfect service - so just be pragmatic on making your choice ! - hope this helps

Advertisement